Oct 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Throughout the month of October, CollegeBasketballTalk will be rolling out our previews for the 2012-2013 season. Check back at 9 a.m. and just after lunch every day, Monday-Friday, for a new preview item.
We rarely come to a consensus about anything at CBT. That’s what happens when you have this many writers. But it turns out we all agree on two things: That Cody Zeller and Doug McDermott are first-team All-Americans. It’s the rest of the team that was tougher to select.
So here’s what we did: Six writers sent their choices for first, second and third teams. Then we weighted those ballots to pinpoint which guys got the most mentions. Zeller and McDermott were easy. So were picking Deshaun Thomas and Isaiah Canaan to join them. I figured the final spot would go to either Trey Burke or Aaron Craft, but neither one earned as many first-team votes as Michael Snaer. He rounds out our first team. (Guess he’s not wrong.)
As for the rest? Click here to see all of our selections.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)