Oct 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Throughout the month of October, CollegeBasketballTalk will be rolling out our previews for the 2012-2013 season. Check back at 9 a.m. and just after lunch every day, Monday-Friday, for a new preview item.
We rarely come to a consensus about anything at CBT. That’s what happens when you have this many writers. But it turns out we all agree on two things: That Cody Zeller and Doug McDermott are first-team All-Americans. It’s the rest of the team that was tougher to select.
So here’s what we did: Six writers sent their choices for first, second and third teams. Then we weighted those ballots to pinpoint which guys got the most mentions. Zeller and McDermott were easy. So were picking Deshaun Thomas and Isaiah Canaan to join them. I figured the final spot would go to either Trey Burke or Aaron Craft, but neither one earned as many first-team votes as Michael Snaer. He rounds out our first team. (Guess he’s not wrong.)
As for the rest? Click here to see all of our selections.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)