Oct 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Throughout the month of October, CollegeBasketballTalk will be rolling out our previews for the 2012-2013 season. Check back at 9 a.m. and just after lunch every day, Monday-Friday, for a new preview item.
We rarely come to a consensus about anything at CBT. That’s what happens when you have this many writers. But it turns out we all agree on two things: That Cody Zeller and Doug McDermott are first-team All-Americans. It’s the rest of the team that was tougher to select.
So here’s what we did: Six writers sent their choices for first, second and third teams. Then we weighted those ballots to pinpoint which guys got the most mentions. Zeller and McDermott were easy. So were picking Deshaun Thomas and Isaiah Canaan to join them. I figured the final spot would go to either Trey Burke or Aaron Craft, but neither one earned as many first-team votes as Michael Snaer. He rounds out our first team. (Guess he’s not wrong.)
As for the rest? Click here to see all of our selections.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 1
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)