Oct 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Throughout the month of October, CollegeBasketballTalk will be rolling out our previews for the 2012-2013 season. Check back at 9 a.m. and just after lunch every day, Monday-Friday, for a new preview item.
We rarely come to a consensus about anything at CBT. That’s what happens when you have this many writers. But it turns out we all agree on two things: That Cody Zeller and Doug McDermott are first-team All-Americans. It’s the rest of the team that was tougher to select.
So here’s what we did: Six writers sent their choices for first, second and third teams. Then we weighted those ballots to pinpoint which guys got the most mentions. Zeller and McDermott were easy. So were picking Deshaun Thomas and Isaiah Canaan to join them. I figured the final spot would go to either Trey Burke or Aaron Craft, but neither one earned as many first-team votes as Michael Snaer. He rounds out our first team. (Guess he’s not wrong.)
As for the rest? Click here to see all of our selections.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)