Oct 8, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Interesting tweet sent out by current North Carolina State point guard Rodney Purvis this afternoon.
“It sucks they shut my school down. It’s okay tho cause God has a plan for everyone,” Purvis tweeted.
I guess we can all assume that N.C. State hasn’t been shut down. So one would immediately check to see if Purvis’ former high school, Upper Room Christian Academy, had been shut down.
With the limited resources I have, I made some calls. Numbers listed for Upper Room led to voicemails for officials with the school and it doesn’t look like there are any reports of the school shutting down.
But one has to wonder. It did take Purvis a lot longer to get cleared by the NCAA than the average player, and it all centered around his grades from high school.
It could be another school he attended at an earlier age. But who really identifies with their elementary or middle school?
Nothing 100-percent concrete here, but it’s worth thinking about.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)