Oct 8, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Interesting tweet sent out by current North Carolina State point guard Rodney Purvis this afternoon.
“It sucks they shut my school down. It’s okay tho cause God has a plan for everyone,” Purvis tweeted.
I guess we can all assume that N.C. State hasn’t been shut down. So one would immediately check to see if Purvis’ former high school, Upper Room Christian Academy, had been shut down.
With the limited resources I have, I made some calls. Numbers listed for Upper Room led to voicemails for officials with the school and it doesn’t look like there are any reports of the school shutting down.
But one has to wonder. It did take Purvis a lot longer to get cleared by the NCAA than the average player, and it all centered around his grades from high school.
It could be another school he attended at an earlier age. But who really identifies with their elementary or middle school?
Nothing 100-percent concrete here, but it’s worth thinking about.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)