Oct 8, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Interesting tweet sent out by current North Carolina State point guard Rodney Purvis this afternoon.
“It sucks they shut my school down. It’s okay tho cause God has a plan for everyone,” Purvis tweeted.
I guess we can all assume that N.C. State hasn’t been shut down. So one would immediately check to see if Purvis’ former high school, Upper Room Christian Academy, had been shut down.
With the limited resources I have, I made some calls. Numbers listed for Upper Room led to voicemails for officials with the school and it doesn’t look like there are any reports of the school shutting down.
But one has to wonder. It did take Purvis a lot longer to get cleared by the NCAA than the average player, and it all centered around his grades from high school.
It could be another school he attended at an earlier age. But who really identifies with their elementary or middle school?
Nothing 100-percent concrete here, but it’s worth thinking about.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)