Oct 8, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Interesting tweet sent out by current North Carolina State point guard Rodney Purvis this afternoon.
“It sucks they shut my school down. It’s okay tho cause God has a plan for everyone,” Purvis tweeted.
I guess we can all assume that N.C. State hasn’t been shut down. So one would immediately check to see if Purvis’ former high school, Upper Room Christian Academy, had been shut down.
With the limited resources I have, I made some calls. Numbers listed for Upper Room led to voicemails for officials with the school and it doesn’t look like there are any reports of the school shutting down.
But one has to wonder. It did take Purvis a lot longer to get cleared by the NCAA than the average player, and it all centered around his grades from high school.
It could be another school he attended at an earlier age. But who really identifies with their elementary or middle school?
Nothing 100-percent concrete here, but it’s worth thinking about.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)