Oct 8, 2012, 10:20 PM EST
Interesting tweet sent out by current North Carolina State point guard Rodney Purvis this afternoon.
“It sucks they shut my school down. It’s okay tho cause God has a plan for everyone,” Purvis tweeted.
I guess we can all assume that N.C. State hasn’t been shut down. So one would immediately check to see if Purvis’ former high school, Upper Room Christian Academy, had been shut down.
With the limited resources I have, I made some calls. Numbers listed for Upper Room led to voicemails for officials with the school and it doesn’t look like there are any reports of the school shutting down.
But one has to wonder. It did take Purvis a lot longer to get cleared by the NCAA than the average player, and it all centered around his grades from high school.
It could be another school he attended at an earlier age. But who really identifies with their elementary or middle school?
Nothing 100-percent concrete here, but it’s worth thinking about.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 2
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 2
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 1
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (10)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)