Oct 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bill Self has a second point guard for his 2013 class.
Frank Mason, a former Towson commitment, verbally pledged his services to Kansas on Monday, according to multiple outlets.
The news was first reported on Twitter by ESPN’s Dave Telep.
“Team Loaded coach Ty White says PG Frank Mason to Kansas,” Telep tweeted.
Mason joins small forward Brannen Greene and another point guard, Conner Frankamp, in the 2013 class.
Mason reportedly visited the Lawrence, Kan. campus this past weekend and liked it enough to make the call.
This helps the Jayhawks in terms of guard depth for next season. Travis Releford and Elijah Johnston graduate, so they’ll be in the market for a new floor general. Mason fits all the requirements.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (24)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)