Oct 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bill Self has a second point guard for his 2013 class.
Frank Mason, a former Towson commitment, verbally pledged his services to Kansas on Monday, according to multiple outlets.
The news was first reported on Twitter by ESPN’s Dave Telep.
“Team Loaded coach Ty White says PG Frank Mason to Kansas,” Telep tweeted.
Mason joins small forward Brannen Greene and another point guard, Conner Frankamp, in the 2013 class.
Mason reportedly visited the Lawrence, Kan. campus this past weekend and liked it enough to make the call.
This helps the Jayhawks in terms of guard depth for next season. Travis Releford and Elijah Johnston graduate, so they’ll be in the market for a new floor general. Mason fits all the requirements.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)