Oct 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Bill Self has a second point guard for his 2013 class.
Frank Mason, a former Towson commitment, verbally pledged his services to Kansas on Monday, according to multiple outlets.
The news was first reported on Twitter by ESPN’s Dave Telep.
“Team Loaded coach Ty White says PG Frank Mason to Kansas,” Telep tweeted.
Mason joins small forward Brannen Greene and another point guard, Conner Frankamp, in the 2013 class.
Mason reportedly visited the Lawrence, Kan. campus this past weekend and liked it enough to make the call.
This helps the Jayhawks in terms of guard depth for next season. Travis Releford and Elijah Johnston graduate, so they’ll be in the market for a new floor general. Mason fits all the requirements.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)