Oct 8, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
It has been a busy summer for Frank Martin.
After taking over at South Carolina, he hit the recruiting trail hard and has gotten some impressive returns. Desmond Ringer, a 6-foot-9 center from the Class of 2013, committed over the summer, as did four-star guard Marcus Stroman, a member of the Class of 2014. The big news came just last month, as Martin added a commitment from Sindarius Thornwell, a five-star guard that was recruited by a handful of top 25 programs.
Martin’s latest addition will be one that many Gamecock fans recognize.
Jordan McKie, a 6-foot-3 guard that live in Columbia, SC, committed to the Gamecocks over the weekend.
“It feels real good to finally say I’ve committed to play at a high level, which is one of things I’ve always wanted to do,” McKie told Gamecock Anthem. “I’m excited to be a Gamecock!”
McKie is the son of former Gamecock guard BJ McKie, also known as South Carolina’s all-time leading scorer and a player who has had his number retired by the program.
“I don’t feel any pressure. My dad was a great player at USC, but now it’s time for me to show what I can do,” McKie said. “[South] Carolina has always been in my blood. I remember going to games when they had a lot of success, and I want to get them back to that point.”
Hopefully, Justin’s teams have more success than his dad’s; BJ was a member of the 1997 club that lost as a No. 2 seed to Coppin State in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
Justin had also received interest from programs like Murray State and Wichita State.
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (3)