Oct 8, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
It has been a busy summer for Frank Martin.
After taking over at South Carolina, he hit the recruiting trail hard and has gotten some impressive returns. Desmond Ringer, a 6-foot-9 center from the Class of 2013, committed over the summer, as did four-star guard Marcus Stroman, a member of the Class of 2014. The big news came just last month, as Martin added a commitment from Sindarius Thornwell, a five-star guard that was recruited by a handful of top 25 programs.
Martin’s latest addition will be one that many Gamecock fans recognize.
Jordan McKie, a 6-foot-3 guard that live in Columbia, SC, committed to the Gamecocks over the weekend.
“It feels real good to finally say I’ve committed to play at a high level, which is one of things I’ve always wanted to do,” McKie told Gamecock Anthem. “I’m excited to be a Gamecock!”
McKie is the son of former Gamecock guard BJ McKie, also known as South Carolina’s all-time leading scorer and a player who has had his number retired by the program.
“I don’t feel any pressure. My dad was a great player at USC, but now it’s time for me to show what I can do,” McKie said. “[South] Carolina has always been in my blood. I remember going to games when they had a lot of success, and I want to get them back to that point.”
Hopefully, Justin’s teams have more success than his dad’s; BJ was a member of the 1997 club that lost as a No. 2 seed to Coppin State in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
Justin had also received interest from programs like Murray State and Wichita State.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)