Oct 9, 2012, 11:10 AM EST
The economy has been a drag on many of us, especially in the housing market, but now we can know that a former highly paid college basketball coach is going through the same struggles as the common fan—sort of.
Former Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl is re-listing his Knoxville, Tenn., estate for $2.43 million, down from the $2.69 million price he reportedly listed it at last year because, you know, times are tough.
Pearl bought the 10,200-square-foot home in 2008 for $2.1 million, three years after he was hired as the head coach at Tennessee. At the time, he called the place his “dream home.”
He was fired by Tennessee in 2011, following NCAA and non-NCAA problems at the school that led to his dismissal.
“Now that I’m not the basketball coach and may not be doing quite as much entertaining, it’s bigger than what we need,” he told the paper at the time of the initial listing.
Pearl was recently back in the news when it was announced that he was to be hired by ESPN as a college basketball analyst, joining former Virginia Tech coach Seth Greenberg.
According to the listing, the home sits on 1.2 acres of land and features five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and a three-car garage.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)