Oct 9, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
The economy has been a drag on many of us, especially in the housing market, but now we can know that a former highly paid college basketball coach is going through the same struggles as the common fan—sort of.
Former Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl is re-listing his Knoxville, Tenn., estate for $2.43 million, down from the $2.69 million price he reportedly listed it at last year because, you know, times are tough.
Pearl bought the 10,200-square-foot home in 2008 for $2.1 million, three years after he was hired as the head coach at Tennessee. At the time, he called the place his “dream home.”
He was fired by Tennessee in 2011, following NCAA and non-NCAA problems at the school that led to his dismissal.
“Now that I’m not the basketball coach and may not be doing quite as much entertaining, it’s bigger than what we need,” he told the paper at the time of the initial listing.
Pearl was recently back in the news when it was announced that he was to be hired by ESPN as a college basketball analyst, joining former Virginia Tech coach Seth Greenberg.
According to the listing, the home sits on 1.2 acres of land and features five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and a three-car garage.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)