Oct 9, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
The picture to the right, of Josh Pastner posing with Republican congressional candidate George Flinn, showed up in a video put together a Memphis rapper Al Kapone endorsing Flinn.
The photo itself is quite funny but the use of the image is a bit of a problem.
University of Memphis employees are forbidden from publicly endorsing any political candidates, so Pastner’s people had to ask Kapone to take the image out of the video. As he told WREG, “My job is extremely political, so I have enough on my hands without getting involved in anything else.”
For what it’s worth, Pastner said that he was wearing the pink boa because he was at a breast cancer awareness function. I was going to guess it was a luau, but that’s probably a nobler cause.
Here’s the new version of the video:
(Photo credit: WREG-TV)
(h/t Jeff Eisenberg)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)