Oct 9, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
The picture to the right, of Josh Pastner posing with Republican congressional candidate George Flinn, showed up in a video put together a Memphis rapper Al Kapone endorsing Flinn.
The photo itself is quite funny but the use of the image is a bit of a problem.
University of Memphis employees are forbidden from publicly endorsing any political candidates, so Pastner’s people had to ask Kapone to take the image out of the video. As he told WREG, “My job is extremely political, so I have enough on my hands without getting involved in anything else.”
For what it’s worth, Pastner said that he was wearing the pink boa because he was at a breast cancer awareness function. I was going to guess it was a luau, but that’s probably a nobler cause.
Here’s the new version of the video:
(Photo credit: WREG-TV)
(h/t Jeff Eisenberg)
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)