Oct 9, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
The picture to the right, of Josh Pastner posing with Republican congressional candidate George Flinn, showed up in a video put together a Memphis rapper Al Kapone endorsing Flinn.
The photo itself is quite funny but the use of the image is a bit of a problem.
University of Memphis employees are forbidden from publicly endorsing any political candidates, so Pastner’s people had to ask Kapone to take the image out of the video. As he told WREG, “My job is extremely political, so I have enough on my hands without getting involved in anything else.”
For what it’s worth, Pastner said that he was wearing the pink boa because he was at a breast cancer awareness function. I was going to guess it was a luau, but that’s probably a nobler cause.
Here’s the new version of the video:
(Photo credit: WREG-TV)
(h/t Jeff Eisenberg)
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)