Oct 9, 2012, 5:49 PM EST
The picture to the right, of Josh Pastner posing with Republican congressional candidate George Flinn, showed up in a video put together a Memphis rapper Al Kapone endorsing Flinn.
The photo itself is quite funny but the use of the image is a bit of a problem.
University of Memphis employees are forbidden from publicly endorsing any political candidates, so Pastner’s people had to ask Kapone to take the image out of the video. As he told WREG, “My job is extremely political, so I have enough on my hands without getting involved in anything else.”
For what it’s worth, Pastner said that he was wearing the pink boa because he was at a breast cancer awareness function. I was going to guess it was a luau, but that’s probably a nobler cause.
Here’s the new version of the video:
(Photo credit: WREG-TV)
(h/t Jeff Eisenberg)
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (6)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)