Oct 10, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Villanova has added a second member to their 2013 recruiting class, as 6-foot-4 wing Josh Hart from Washington DC committed to the Wildcats on Wednesday afternoon.
Hart picked Jay Wright’s program over Rutgers and Penn State. He joins Kris Jenkins in Villanova’s class.
Jay Wright’s two commitments aren’t flashy. Both are borderline top 100 recruits, which is a long way from the kind of talents that Villanova has landed in the past. But both players are program guys and winners, kids that Wright can mold in with the team he is building. It started with Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu in last year’s class.
Hart is only 6-foot-4, but he’s tough and he’s a producer. His jump shot and his handle need to develop, but with his strength and his athleticism, he’s got plenty of promise.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)