Oct 10, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Villanova has added a second member to their 2013 recruiting class, as 6-foot-4 wing Josh Hart from Washington DC committed to the Wildcats on Wednesday afternoon.
Hart picked Jay Wright’s program over Rutgers and Penn State. He joins Kris Jenkins in Villanova’s class.
Jay Wright’s two commitments aren’t flashy. Both are borderline top 100 recruits, which is a long way from the kind of talents that Villanova has landed in the past. But both players are program guys and winners, kids that Wright can mold in with the team he is building. It started with Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu in last year’s class.
Hart is only 6-foot-4, but he’s tough and he’s a producer. His jump shot and his handle need to develop, but with his strength and his athleticism, he’s got plenty of promise.
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 1
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)