Oct 10, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Villanova has added a second member to their 2013 recruiting class, as 6-foot-4 wing Josh Hart from Washington DC committed to the Wildcats on Wednesday afternoon.
Hart picked Jay Wright’s program over Rutgers and Penn State. He joins Kris Jenkins in Villanova’s class.
Jay Wright’s two commitments aren’t flashy. Both are borderline top 100 recruits, which is a long way from the kind of talents that Villanova has landed in the past. But both players are program guys and winners, kids that Wright can mold in with the team he is building. It started with Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu in last year’s class.
Hart is only 6-foot-4, but he’s tough and he’s a producer. His jump shot and his handle need to develop, but with his strength and his athleticism, he’s got plenty of promise.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 0
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)