Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
UCLA announced Monday that guard Tyler Lamb would be undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday and the school has now confirmed that the procedure was a success.
Following the operation, Lamb will now miss four to six weeks, putting his return some time in mid- to late November. With the Bruins’ opener set for Nov. 9, he could possibly miss the beginning of the season, depending on his rehab.
Lamb averaged 9.0 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game for UCLA last season, with a season high 26 points in a loss to California in late December.
Expectations are high for coach Ben Howland and the Bruins in 2012-13, having brought in arguably the best recruiting class in the country to Westwood.
UCLA is still waiting on the initial eligibility ruling of Shabazz Muhammad, who is being investigated by the NCAA for possibly taking impermissible benefits during his recruitment.
The Bruins also bring in freshmen Kyle Anderson, Tony Parker, and Jordan Adams. Anderson and Adams both found success on the team’s trip to China in August, where the Bruins were undefeated in three exhibition contests.
The newly renovated Pauley Pavilion opens on Nov. 9 for the season opener against Indiana State.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)