Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
UCLA announced Monday that guard Tyler Lamb would be undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday and the school has now confirmed that the procedure was a success.
Following the operation, Lamb will now miss four to six weeks, putting his return some time in mid- to late November. With the Bruins’ opener set for Nov. 9, he could possibly miss the beginning of the season, depending on his rehab.
Lamb averaged 9.0 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game for UCLA last season, with a season high 26 points in a loss to California in late December.
Expectations are high for coach Ben Howland and the Bruins in 2012-13, having brought in arguably the best recruiting class in the country to Westwood.
UCLA is still waiting on the initial eligibility ruling of Shabazz Muhammad, who is being investigated by the NCAA for possibly taking impermissible benefits during his recruitment.
The Bruins also bring in freshmen Kyle Anderson, Tony Parker, and Jordan Adams. Anderson and Adams both found success on the team’s trip to China in August, where the Bruins were undefeated in three exhibition contests.
The newly renovated Pauley Pavilion opens on Nov. 9 for the season opener against Indiana State.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)