Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
UCLA announced Monday that guard Tyler Lamb would be undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday and the school has now confirmed that the procedure was a success.
Following the operation, Lamb will now miss four to six weeks, putting his return some time in mid- to late November. With the Bruins’ opener set for Nov. 9, he could possibly miss the beginning of the season, depending on his rehab.
Lamb averaged 9.0 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game for UCLA last season, with a season high 26 points in a loss to California in late December.
Expectations are high for coach Ben Howland and the Bruins in 2012-13, having brought in arguably the best recruiting class in the country to Westwood.
UCLA is still waiting on the initial eligibility ruling of Shabazz Muhammad, who is being investigated by the NCAA for possibly taking impermissible benefits during his recruitment.
The Bruins also bring in freshmen Kyle Anderson, Tony Parker, and Jordan Adams. Anderson and Adams both found success on the team’s trip to China in August, where the Bruins were undefeated in three exhibition contests.
The newly renovated Pauley Pavilion opens on Nov. 9 for the season opener against Indiana State.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)