Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
UCLA announced Monday that guard Tyler Lamb would be undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday and the school has now confirmed that the procedure was a success.
Following the operation, Lamb will now miss four to six weeks, putting his return some time in mid- to late November. With the Bruins’ opener set for Nov. 9, he could possibly miss the beginning of the season, depending on his rehab.
Lamb averaged 9.0 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game for UCLA last season, with a season high 26 points in a loss to California in late December.
Expectations are high for coach Ben Howland and the Bruins in 2012-13, having brought in arguably the best recruiting class in the country to Westwood.
UCLA is still waiting on the initial eligibility ruling of Shabazz Muhammad, who is being investigated by the NCAA for possibly taking impermissible benefits during his recruitment.
The Bruins also bring in freshmen Kyle Anderson, Tony Parker, and Jordan Adams. Anderson and Adams both found success on the team’s trip to China in August, where the Bruins were undefeated in three exhibition contests.
The newly renovated Pauley Pavilion opens on Nov. 9 for the season opener against Indiana State.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)