Oct 10, 2012, 6:46 PM EST
If you’re squeamish, you might want to stop reading right now.
Because while we don’t have a picture of the gash suffered by Wisconsin senior starter, reading the upcoming blockquote is pretty gnarly.
According to a Madison.com source, Bruesewitz ran into a sharp edge of a weight on the back the basket support.
The resulting cut sounds like something straight out of a horror movie:
The laceration was at least 12 inches long and extended from his knee to his ankle. It was deep enough that Bruesewitz’s bone was exposed, resulting in a horrifying scene for his teammates.
So Bruesewitz basically has his lower leg ripped open down to the bone from his knee to his ankle. He needed surgery to fix a “laceration”. And he’ll only miss four-to-six weeks? It’s gotta be the power of The Ginger.
Losing a senior starter hurts regardless of when it happens, but if an injury is going to happen and a player is going to miss a month of action, now is the best time for it. Bruesewitz will be healthy for league play, and there’s a chance he could be back for both the Nov. 14th trip to Florida and a Nov. 28th date with Creighton.
If he does miss time, don’t be surprised if talented freshman Sam Dekker sees a bigger role.
It’s fitting that Bruesewitz got injured diving for a loose ball out of bounds, isn’t it?
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)