Oct 10, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
If you’re squeamish, you might want to stop reading right now.
Because while we don’t have a picture of the gash suffered by Wisconsin senior starter, reading the upcoming blockquote is pretty gnarly.
According to a Madison.com source, Bruesewitz ran into a sharp edge of a weight on the back the basket support.
The resulting cut sounds like something straight out of a horror movie:
The laceration was at least 12 inches long and extended from his knee to his ankle. It was deep enough that Bruesewitz’s bone was exposed, resulting in a horrifying scene for his teammates.
So Bruesewitz basically has his lower leg ripped open down to the bone from his knee to his ankle. He needed surgery to fix a “laceration”. And he’ll only miss four-to-six weeks? It’s gotta be the power of The Ginger.
Losing a senior starter hurts regardless of when it happens, but if an injury is going to happen and a player is going to miss a month of action, now is the best time for it. Bruesewitz will be healthy for league play, and there’s a chance he could be back for both the Nov. 14th trip to Florida and a Nov. 28th date with Creighton.
If he does miss time, don’t be surprised if talented freshman Sam Dekker sees a bigger role.
It’s fitting that Bruesewitz got injured diving for a loose ball out of bounds, isn’t it?
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)