Oct 10, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
If you’re squeamish, you might want to stop reading right now.
Because while we don’t have a picture of the gash suffered by Wisconsin senior starter, reading the upcoming blockquote is pretty gnarly.
According to a Madison.com source, Bruesewitz ran into a sharp edge of a weight on the back the basket support.
The resulting cut sounds like something straight out of a horror movie:
The laceration was at least 12 inches long and extended from his knee to his ankle. It was deep enough that Bruesewitz’s bone was exposed, resulting in a horrifying scene for his teammates.
So Bruesewitz basically has his lower leg ripped open down to the bone from his knee to his ankle. He needed surgery to fix a “laceration”. And he’ll only miss four-to-six weeks? It’s gotta be the power of The Ginger.
Losing a senior starter hurts regardless of when it happens, but if an injury is going to happen and a player is going to miss a month of action, now is the best time for it. Bruesewitz will be healthy for league play, and there’s a chance he could be back for both the Nov. 14th trip to Florida and a Nov. 28th date with Creighton.
If he does miss time, don’t be surprised if talented freshman Sam Dekker sees a bigger role.
It’s fitting that Bruesewitz got injured diving for a loose ball out of bounds, isn’t it?
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)