Oct 10, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
If you’re squeamish, you might want to stop reading right now.
Because while we don’t have a picture of the gash suffered by Wisconsin senior starter, reading the upcoming blockquote is pretty gnarly.
According to a Madison.com source, Bruesewitz ran into a sharp edge of a weight on the back the basket support.
The resulting cut sounds like something straight out of a horror movie:
The laceration was at least 12 inches long and extended from his knee to his ankle. It was deep enough that Bruesewitz’s bone was exposed, resulting in a horrifying scene for his teammates.
So Bruesewitz basically has his lower leg ripped open down to the bone from his knee to his ankle. He needed surgery to fix a “laceration”. And he’ll only miss four-to-six weeks? It’s gotta be the power of The Ginger.
Losing a senior starter hurts regardless of when it happens, but if an injury is going to happen and a player is going to miss a month of action, now is the best time for it. Bruesewitz will be healthy for league play, and there’s a chance he could be back for both the Nov. 14th trip to Florida and a Nov. 28th date with Creighton.
If he does miss time, don’t be surprised if talented freshman Sam Dekker sees a bigger role.
It’s fitting that Bruesewitz got injured diving for a loose ball out of bounds, isn’t it?
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming