Oct 10, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
We all love to joke about the ridiculous rules that the NCAA has included in their rulebook, but this one may take the cake:
Question: May a coach take a photo and use software (e.g., Instagram, Photoshop, Camera Awesome, Camera+,) to enhance the content of the photo (e.g., changed color of photo to sepia tones or add content to the photograph), and send it to a prospective student-athlete as an attachment it to an email or direct social media message?
Answer: No, a photograph that has been altered or staged for a recruiting purpose cannot be sent to a prospective student-athlete.
I get the rule. You’re not allowed to alter pictures and send them off to a recruit. You can’t photo shop them into a picture on the bench. You can’t add text to the picture. You can’t do anything to change the photo specifically for a recruiting purpose, even if that rule, in and of itself, is kind of ridiculous.
But to eliminate instagram?
To disallow running a photo through a filter that adds sepia tones?
I mean, I feel like this is kind of stating the obvious at this point, but don’t they have more important things to concern themselves with? Like, oh, I don’t know, Graham Spanier or Shabazz Muhammad or the cesspool that is high-level recruiting in both football and basketball?
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)