Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 PM EST
The Harrisons aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins in high school, and after Wednesday night, they aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins that have decided on where they want to go to college.
Mark Gottfried kicked off his 2014 recruiting class in a big way, as the Martin twins — Cody and Caleb — have given a pledge to the Wolfpack. Both of the twins are versatile, 6-foot-7 wings ranked in the top 35 of the class.
It’s yet another impressive performance on the recruiting trail for Gottfried. After bringing in a trio of top 50 recruits — TJ Warren, Tyler Lewis, and Rodney Purvis — this season, Gottfried had already earned commitments from top ten prospect Cat Barber and four-star recruit Kyle Washington in the Class of 2013.
With the Wolfpack looking like a top ten team this season and coming off of a surprise trip to the Sweet 16 last season, I think it’s safe to say that the Gottfried era at NC State has been, to this point, a success.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 11 Wichita State, No. 19 Baylor among winners in games matching ranked teams 0
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)