Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
The Harrisons aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins in high school, and after Wednesday night, they aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins that have decided on where they want to go to college.
Mark Gottfried kicked off his 2014 recruiting class in a big way, as the Martin twins — Cody and Caleb — have given a pledge to the Wolfpack. Both of the twins are versatile, 6-foot-7 wings ranked in the top 35 of the class.
It’s yet another impressive performance on the recruiting trail for Gottfried. After bringing in a trio of top 50 recruits — TJ Warren, Tyler Lewis, and Rodney Purvis — this season, Gottfried had already earned commitments from top ten prospect Cat Barber and four-star recruit Kyle Washington in the Class of 2013.
With the Wolfpack looking like a top ten team this season and coming off of a surprise trip to the Sweet 16 last season, I think it’s safe to say that the Gottfried era at NC State has been, to this point, a success.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)