Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
The Harrisons aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins in high school, and after Wednesday night, they aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins that have decided on where they want to go to college.
Mark Gottfried kicked off his 2014 recruiting class in a big way, as the Martin twins — Cody and Caleb — have given a pledge to the Wolfpack. Both of the twins are versatile, 6-foot-7 wings ranked in the top 35 of the class.
It’s yet another impressive performance on the recruiting trail for Gottfried. After bringing in a trio of top 50 recruits — TJ Warren, Tyler Lewis, and Rodney Purvis — this season, Gottfried had already earned commitments from top ten prospect Cat Barber and four-star recruit Kyle Washington in the Class of 2013.
With the Wolfpack looking like a top ten team this season and coming off of a surprise trip to the Sweet 16 last season, I think it’s safe to say that the Gottfried era at NC State has been, to this point, a success.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)