Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 PM EST
The Harrisons aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins in high school, and after Wednesday night, they aren’t the only pair of nationally ranked twins that have decided on where they want to go to college.
Mark Gottfried kicked off his 2014 recruiting class in a big way, as the Martin twins — Cody and Caleb — have given a pledge to the Wolfpack. Both of the twins are versatile, 6-foot-7 wings ranked in the top 35 of the class.
It’s yet another impressive performance on the recruiting trail for Gottfried. After bringing in a trio of top 50 recruits — TJ Warren, Tyler Lewis, and Rodney Purvis — this season, Gottfried had already earned commitments from top ten prospect Cat Barber and four-star recruit Kyle Washington in the Class of 2013.
With the Wolfpack looking like a top ten team this season and coming off of a surprise trip to the Sweet 16 last season, I think it’s safe to say that the Gottfried era at NC State has been, to this point, a success.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)