Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
Zach Peters wasn’t expected to be Thomas Robinson‘s replacement this season.
With Jeff Withey (who has made some preseason all-american teams), Perry Ellis, Kevin Young and Landen Lucas on the roster, playing time isn’t exactly guaranteed for Peters, a 6-foot-9 forward from Plano, TX.
But Peters does provide depth. And, more importantly, even a season’s worth of mop-up duty means time spent practicing, improving and learning from a staff that’s very good at developing prospects.
Which is why the injury that Peters is dealing with is bad news. He’ll be out for the next month, resting a shoulder that has a nagging rotator cuff injury. He doesn’t need surgery to fix it, but there won’t be any full-contact scrimmaging for Peters until real games have started.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)