Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
Zach Peters wasn’t expected to be Thomas Robinson‘s replacement this season.
With Jeff Withey (who has made some preseason all-american teams), Perry Ellis, Kevin Young and Landen Lucas on the roster, playing time isn’t exactly guaranteed for Peters, a 6-foot-9 forward from Plano, TX.
But Peters does provide depth. And, more importantly, even a season’s worth of mop-up duty means time spent practicing, improving and learning from a staff that’s very good at developing prospects.
Which is why the injury that Peters is dealing with is bad news. He’ll be out for the next month, resting a shoulder that has a nagging rotator cuff injury. He doesn’t need surgery to fix it, but there won’t be any full-contact scrimmaging for Peters until real games have started.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)