Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 PM EST
Zach Peters wasn’t expected to be Thomas Robinson‘s replacement this season.
With Jeff Withey (who has made some preseason all-american teams), Perry Ellis, Kevin Young and Landen Lucas on the roster, playing time isn’t exactly guaranteed for Peters, a 6-foot-9 forward from Plano, TX.
But Peters does provide depth. And, more importantly, even a season’s worth of mop-up duty means time spent practicing, improving and learning from a staff that’s very good at developing prospects.
Which is why the injury that Peters is dealing with is bad news. He’ll be out for the next month, resting a shoulder that has a nagging rotator cuff injury. He doesn’t need surgery to fix it, but there won’t be any full-contact scrimmaging for Peters until real games have started.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)