Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 PM EST
Zach Peters wasn’t expected to be Thomas Robinson‘s replacement this season.
With Jeff Withey (who has made some preseason all-american teams), Perry Ellis, Kevin Young and Landen Lucas on the roster, playing time isn’t exactly guaranteed for Peters, a 6-foot-9 forward from Plano, TX.
But Peters does provide depth. And, more importantly, even a season’s worth of mop-up duty means time spent practicing, improving and learning from a staff that’s very good at developing prospects.
Which is why the injury that Peters is dealing with is bad news. He’ll be out for the next month, resting a shoulder that has a nagging rotator cuff injury. He doesn’t need surgery to fix it, but there won’t be any full-contact scrimmaging for Peters until real games have started.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)