Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 PM EST
Syracuse’s Orange Madness ended prematurely Friday night after a stabbing that took place inside the Carrier Dome, according to reports.
Around 9:30 p.m. a 25-year-old man was stabbed in the concourse area. Syracuse police are investigating the situation. Police say that everyone else left the building safely. According to reports, the victim is not cooperating with police at this time and no suspects are in custody.
Also, police report that neither the victim or suspect are affiliated with the university. Police spokesman Tom Connellan told CNYcentral:
”This was a general admission event, we had upwards of 15,000 people and there is no reason to believe Syracuse students were involved.”
The victim was brought to the hospital and is in stable condition.
This was one of several fights that reportedly took place this evening at Syracuse. Following the stabbing the school decided to end the event a half hour early.
Connellan told Syracuse.com that none of the other fights involved students at Syracuse.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)