Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 PM EDT
Syracuse’s Orange Madness ended prematurely Friday night after a stabbing that took place inside the Carrier Dome, according to reports.
Around 9:30 p.m. a 25-year-old man was stabbed in the concourse area. Syracuse police are investigating the situation. Police say that everyone else left the building safely. According to reports, the victim is not cooperating with police at this time and no suspects are in custody.
Also, police report that neither the victim or suspect are affiliated with the university. Police spokesman Tom Connellan told CNYcentral:
”This was a general admission event, we had upwards of 15,000 people and there is no reason to believe Syracuse students were involved.”
The victim was brought to the hospital and is in stable condition.
This was one of several fights that reportedly took place this evening at Syracuse. Following the stabbing the school decided to end the event a half hour early.
Connellan told Syracuse.com that none of the other fights involved students at Syracuse.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL