Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 PM EDT
Syracuse’s Orange Madness ended prematurely Friday night after a stabbing that took place inside the Carrier Dome, according to reports.
Around 9:30 p.m. a 25-year-old man was stabbed in the concourse area. Syracuse police are investigating the situation. Police say that everyone else left the building safely. According to reports, the victim is not cooperating with police at this time and no suspects are in custody.
Also, police report that neither the victim or suspect are affiliated with the university. Police spokesman Tom Connellan told CNYcentral:
“This was a general admission event, we had upwards of 15,000 people and there is no reason to believe Syracuse students were involved.”
The victim was brought to the hospital and is in stable condition.
This was one of several fights that reportedly took place this evening at Syracuse. Following the stabbing the school decided to end the event a half hour early.
Connellan told Syracuse.com that none of the other fights involved students at Syracuse.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)