Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 PM EDT
Syracuse’s Orange Madness ended prematurely Friday night after a stabbing that took place inside the Carrier Dome, according to reports.
Around 9:30 p.m. a 25-year-old man was stabbed in the concourse area. Syracuse police are investigating the situation. Police say that everyone else left the building safely. According to reports, the victim is not cooperating with police at this time and no suspects are in custody.
Also, police report that neither the victim or suspect are affiliated with the university. Police spokesman Tom Connellan told CNYcentral:
“This was a general admission event, we had upwards of 15,000 people and there is no reason to believe Syracuse students were involved.”
The victim was brought to the hospital and is in stable condition.
This was one of several fights that reportedly took place this evening at Syracuse. Following the stabbing the school decided to end the event a half hour early.
Connellan told Syracuse.com that none of the other fights involved students at Syracuse.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)