Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 PM EDT
Syracuse’s Orange Madness ended prematurely Friday night after a stabbing that took place inside the Carrier Dome, according to reports.
Around 9:30 p.m. a 25-year-old man was stabbed in the concourse area. Syracuse police are investigating the situation. Police say that everyone else left the building safely. According to reports, the victim is not cooperating with police at this time and no suspects are in custody.
Also, police report that neither the victim or suspect are affiliated with the university. Police spokesman Tom Connellan told CNYcentral:
“This was a general admission event, we had upwards of 15,000 people and there is no reason to believe Syracuse students were involved.”
The victim was brought to the hospital and is in stable condition.
This was one of several fights that reportedly took place this evening at Syracuse. Following the stabbing the school decided to end the event a half hour early.
Connellan told Syracuse.com that none of the other fights involved students at Syracuse.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)