Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
North Carolina State’s “Primetime with the Pack” had a scary moment when the grandfather of senior forward, Scott Wood was taken away on a stretcher, cutting the the red and white scrimmage short.
According to school officials, Wood’s grandfather was not feeling well and was brought to a local hospital for evaluation. Officials also stated that Wood’s grandfather was alert and conscious. According to the Associated Press, Wood was visibly upset followed the stretcher.
Wood, the 6-foot-6 forward, was third on the team in scoring from a season ago, averaging 12.4 points per game as a junior.
The event was ended with three minutes remaining in the 20-minute scrimmage. Wood won the 3-point contest earlier in the evening.
N.C. State’s version of Midnight Madness began with head coach Mark Gottfried zip lined into the PNC Arena, in front of over 10,000 Wolfpack fans.
Last season, Gottfried led N.C. State finished 24-13 (9-7 ACC) before being knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen. N.C. State has been picked as one of the favorites to win the ACC this year.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)