Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
North Carolina State’s “Primetime with the Pack” had a scary moment when the grandfather of senior forward, Scott Wood was taken away on a stretcher, cutting the the red and white scrimmage short.
According to school officials, Wood’s grandfather was not feeling well and was brought to a local hospital for evaluation. Officials also stated that Wood’s grandfather was alert and conscious. According to the Associated Press, Wood was visibly upset followed the stretcher.
Wood, the 6-foot-6 forward, was third on the team in scoring from a season ago, averaging 12.4 points per game as a junior.
The event was ended with three minutes remaining in the 20-minute scrimmage. Wood won the 3-point contest earlier in the evening.
N.C. State’s version of Midnight Madness began with head coach Mark Gottfried zip lined into the PNC Arena, in front of over 10,000 Wolfpack fans.
Last season, Gottfried led N.C. State finished 24-13 (9-7 ACC) before being knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen. N.C. State has been picked as one of the favorites to win the ACC this year.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)