Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
North Carolina State’s “Primetime with the Pack” had a scary moment when the grandfather of senior forward, Scott Wood was taken away on a stretcher, cutting the the red and white scrimmage short.
According to school officials, Wood’s grandfather was not feeling well and was brought to a local hospital for evaluation. Officials also stated that Wood’s grandfather was alert and conscious. According to the Associated Press, Wood was visibly upset followed the stretcher.
Wood, the 6-foot-6 forward, was third on the team in scoring from a season ago, averaging 12.4 points per game as a junior.
The event was ended with three minutes remaining in the 20-minute scrimmage. Wood won the 3-point contest earlier in the evening.
N.C. State’s version of Midnight Madness began with head coach Mark Gottfried zip lined into the PNC Arena, in front of over 10,000 Wolfpack fans.
Last season, Gottfried led N.C. State finished 24-13 (9-7 ACC) before being knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen. N.C. State has been picked as one of the favorites to win the ACC this year.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0