Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 PM EST
North Carolina State’s “Primetime with the Pack” had a scary moment when the grandfather of senior forward, Scott Wood was taken away on a stretcher, cutting the the red and white scrimmage short.
According to school officials, Wood’s grandfather was not feeling well and was brought to a local hospital for evaluation. Officials also stated that Wood’s grandfather was alert and conscious. According to the Associated Press, Wood was visibly upset followed the stretcher.
Wood, the 6-foot-6 forward, was third on the team in scoring from a season ago, averaging 12.4 points per game as a junior.
The event was ended with three minutes remaining in the 20-minute scrimmage. Wood won the 3-point contest earlier in the evening.
N.C. State’s version of Midnight Madness began with head coach Mark Gottfried zip lined into the PNC Arena, in front of over 10,000 Wolfpack fans.
Last season, Gottfried led N.C. State finished 24-13 (9-7 ACC) before being knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen. N.C. State has been picked as one of the favorites to win the ACC this year.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)