Oct 13, 2012, 12:37 AM EST
Kentucky is always the place to be when it comes to Midnight Madness, especially Friday night as Big Blue Nation raised another banner inside Rupp Arena.
During the scrimmage, one of John Calipari’s freshmen big men threw down a highlight-worthy dunk. But, it’s not the freshman center you’re probably thinking of, however he was on the receiving end of it.
Nerlens Noel, the nation’s top recruit, was posterized by Willie Cauley-Stein on a two-on-one fastbreak. It started with another highly-touted freshman, Archie Goodwin leading the break and hitting the streaking Cauley-Stein with a behind the back pass. The 6-foot-10 Noel went up to contest, only to get in the way of the 7-foot Cauley-Stein slamming the ball over Noel’s hightop fade.
Interestingly enough, the two big men were in the news together on Thursday during Kentucky’s media day, when Calipari mentioned that he is considering playing the two on the floor at the same time.
“I may stack them together, put them both on the same side of the court,” said Calipari in a press release from the school. “I may put them on the elbow. I’m going to mess around. I don’t know how much per game we’ll play those two. I really have no idea. It may be five minutes, 15 minutes. What if they’re both really good together? It may be 25 minutes. So I don’t know yet.”
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)