Oct 13, 2012, 12:37 AM EDT
Kentucky is always the place to be when it comes to Midnight Madness, especially Friday night as Big Blue Nation raised another banner inside Rupp Arena.
During the scrimmage, one of John Calipari’s freshmen big men threw down a highlight-worthy dunk. But, it’s not the freshman center you’re probably thinking of, however he was on the receiving end of it.
Nerlens Noel, the nation’s top recruit, was posterized by Willie Cauley-Stein on a two-on-one fastbreak. It started with another highly-touted freshman, Archie Goodwin leading the break and hitting the streaking Cauley-Stein with a behind the back pass. The 6-foot-10 Noel went up to contest, only to get in the way of the 7-foot Cauley-Stein slamming the ball over Noel’s hightop fade.
Interestingly enough, the two big men were in the news together on Thursday during Kentucky’s media day, when Calipari mentioned that he is considering playing the two on the floor at the same time.
“I may stack them together, put them both on the same side of the court,” said Calipari in a press release from the school. “I may put them on the elbow. I’m going to mess around. I don’t know how much per game we’ll play those two. I really have no idea. It may be five minutes, 15 minutes. What if they’re both really good together? It may be 25 minutes. So I don’t know yet.”
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)