Oct 13, 2012, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s not quite Midnight Madness until Michigan State head coach, Tom Izzo has some sort of extravagant costume with an over the top entrance.
Last year, Izzo entered as a Maverick from the movie Top Gun. The year before that he was an astronaut and before that he drove a racecar. The list goes on and on, most of the featured in this commercial Izzo did for Dove earlier this year.
In 2012, the Michigan State head coach went back to his Hollywood-theme as he dressed as billionaire, playboy, Tony Stark’s alter ego, Iron Man, as part of The Avengers team that walked into the Breslin Center.
Izzo kept the entrance under wraps, only giving the Michigan Big Show only a little hint to his entrance telling them Friday, “I know it’s going have something to do with action heroes, I’ll just say that.”
Michigan State Athletic Director, Mark Hollis only added to the suspension by tweeting Tuesday that this would be a daring entrance for the basketball coach.
Breslin Center on Friday night may be the site of Izzo’s most dangerous entrance ever. Doors open at 930pm.
— Mark Hollis (@MSUAD) October 10, 2012
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)