Oct 13, 2012, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s not quite Midnight Madness until Michigan State head coach, Tom Izzo has some sort of extravagant costume with an over the top entrance.
Last year, Izzo entered as a Maverick from the movie Top Gun. The year before that he was an astronaut and before that he drove a racecar. The list goes on and on, most of the featured in this commercial Izzo did for Dove earlier this year.
In 2012, the Michigan State head coach went back to his Hollywood-theme as he dressed as billionaire, playboy, Tony Stark’s alter ego, Iron Man, as part of The Avengers team that walked into the Breslin Center.
Izzo kept the entrance under wraps, only giving the Michigan Big Show only a little hint to his entrance telling them Friday, “I know it’s going have something to do with action heroes, I’ll just say that.”
Michigan State Athletic Director, Mark Hollis only added to the suspension by tweeting Tuesday that this would be a daring entrance for the basketball coach.
Breslin Center on Friday night may be the site of Izzo’s most dangerous entrance ever. Doors open at 930pm.
— Mark Hollis (@MSUAD) October 10, 2012
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)