Oct 13, 2012, 1:08 AM EST
It’s not quite Midnight Madness until Michigan State head coach, Tom Izzo has some sort of extravagant costume with an over the top entrance.
Last year, Izzo entered as a Maverick from the movie Top Gun. The year before that he was an astronaut and before that he drove a racecar. The list goes on and on, most of the featured in this commercial Izzo did for Dove earlier this year.
In 2012, the Michigan State head coach went back to his Hollywood-theme as he dressed as billionaire, playboy, Tony Stark’s alter ego, Iron Man, as part of The Avengers team that walked into the Breslin Center.
Izzo kept the entrance under wraps, only giving the Michigan Big Show only a little hint to his entrance telling them Friday, “I know it’s going have something to do with action heroes, I’ll just say that.”
Michigan State Athletic Director, Mark Hollis only added to the suspension by tweeting Tuesday that this would be a daring entrance for the basketball coach.
Breslin Center on Friday night may be the site of Izzo’s most dangerous entrance ever. Doors open at 930pm.
— Mark Hollis (@MSUAD) October 10, 2012
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)