Oct 13, 2012, 1:08 AM EST
It’s not quite Midnight Madness until Michigan State head coach, Tom Izzo has some sort of extravagant costume with an over the top entrance.
Last year, Izzo entered as a Maverick from the movie Top Gun. The year before that he was an astronaut and before that he drove a racecar. The list goes on and on, most of the featured in this commercial Izzo did for Dove earlier this year.
In 2012, the Michigan State head coach went back to his Hollywood-theme as he dressed as billionaire, playboy, Tony Stark’s alter ego, Iron Man, as part of The Avengers team that walked into the Breslin Center.
Izzo kept the entrance under wraps, only giving the Michigan Big Show only a little hint to his entrance telling them Friday, “I know it’s going have something to do with action heroes, I’ll just say that.”
Michigan State Athletic Director, Mark Hollis only added to the suspension by tweeting Tuesday that this would be a daring entrance for the basketball coach.
Breslin Center on Friday night may be the site of Izzo’s most dangerous entrance ever. Doors open at 930pm.
— Mark Hollis (@MSUAD) October 10, 2012
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)