Oct 13, 2012, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s not quite Midnight Madness until Michigan State head coach, Tom Izzo has some sort of extravagant costume with an over the top entrance.
Last year, Izzo entered as a Maverick from the movie Top Gun. The year before that he was an astronaut and before that he drove a racecar. The list goes on and on, most of the featured in this commercial Izzo did for Dove earlier this year.
In 2012, the Michigan State head coach went back to his Hollywood-theme as he dressed as billionaire, playboy, Tony Stark’s alter ego, Iron Man, as part of The Avengers team that walked into the Breslin Center.
Izzo kept the entrance under wraps, only giving the Michigan Big Show only a little hint to his entrance telling them Friday, “I know it’s going have something to do with action heroes, I’ll just say that.”
Michigan State Athletic Director, Mark Hollis only added to the suspension by tweeting Tuesday that this would be a daring entrance for the basketball coach.
Breslin Center on Friday night may be the site of Izzo’s most dangerous entrance ever. Doors open at 930pm.
— Mark Hollis (@MSUAD) October 10, 2012
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)