Oct 14, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Washington landed its second verbal commitment in the 2013 class on Sunday evening, as 6-4 shooting guard Darin Johnson tweeted his decision to be a Husky.
Johnson, who played on the same Play Hard Play Smart AAU team as San Diego State commits Dakarai Allen and D’Erryl Williams II, hails from Sacramento, California.
Johnson picked the Huskies over Oregon, San Diego State and Texas A&M, and he averaged 16.8 points per game at Franklin HS last season.
darin johnson (@D_NASTYJFAM) October 15, 2012
With Johnson’s commitment versatile guard Nigel Williams-Goss (Findlay Prep) has some company in Washington’s 2013 class, and these two are players who can help Lorenzo Romar’s program remain a contender in the Pac-12.
Washington has two senior guards in their rotation this season in point guard Abdul Gaddy and shooting guard Scott Suggs.
Johnson and Williams-Goss join a group that will likely include Andrew Andrews, Dion Overstreet, Hikeem Stewart and C.J. Wilcox.
The Huskies will also have 6-9 power forward Perris Blackwell (San Francisco transfer) and 7-footer Gilles Dierickx (FIU transfer) eligible for play next season, and they’ll have the task of accounting for the departure of current senior center Aziz N’Diaye.
Washington isn’t done with their 2013 class at Aaron Gordon remains on the board, and landing Johnson to go along with Williams-Goss makes this a good day for the Huskies.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)