Oct 14, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Washington landed its second verbal commitment in the 2013 class on Sunday evening, as 6-4 shooting guard Darin Johnson tweeted his decision to be a Husky.
Johnson, who played on the same Play Hard Play Smart AAU team as San Diego State commits Dakarai Allen and D’Erryl Williams II, hails from Sacramento, California.
Johnson picked the Huskies over Oregon, San Diego State and Texas A&M, and he averaged 16.8 points per game at Franklin HS last season.
darin johnson (@D_NASTYJFAM) October 15, 2012
With Johnson’s commitment versatile guard Nigel Williams-Goss (Findlay Prep) has some company in Washington’s 2013 class, and these two are players who can help Lorenzo Romar’s program remain a contender in the Pac-12.
Washington has two senior guards in their rotation this season in point guard Abdul Gaddy and shooting guard Scott Suggs.
Johnson and Williams-Goss join a group that will likely include Andrew Andrews, Dion Overstreet, Hikeem Stewart and C.J. Wilcox.
The Huskies will also have 6-9 power forward Perris Blackwell (San Francisco transfer) and 7-footer Gilles Dierickx (FIU transfer) eligible for play next season, and they’ll have the task of accounting for the departure of current senior center Aziz N’Diaye.
Washington isn’t done with their 2013 class at Aaron Gordon remains on the board, and landing Johnson to go along with Williams-Goss makes this a good day for the Huskies.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)