Oct 14, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Washington landed its second verbal commitment in the 2013 class on Sunday evening, as 6-4 shooting guard Darin Johnson tweeted his decision to be a Husky.
Johnson, who played on the same Play Hard Play Smart AAU team as San Diego State commits Dakarai Allen and D’Erryl Williams II, hails from Sacramento, California.
Johnson picked the Huskies over Oregon, San Diego State and Texas A&M, and he averaged 16.8 points per game at Franklin HS last season.
darin johnson (@D_NASTYJFAM) October 15, 2012
With Johnson’s commitment versatile guard Nigel Williams-Goss (Findlay Prep) has some company in Washington’s 2013 class, and these two are players who can help Lorenzo Romar’s program remain a contender in the Pac-12.
Washington has two senior guards in their rotation this season in point guard Abdul Gaddy and shooting guard Scott Suggs.
Johnson and Williams-Goss join a group that will likely include Andrew Andrews, Dion Overstreet, Hikeem Stewart and C.J. Wilcox.
The Huskies will also have 6-9 power forward Perris Blackwell (San Francisco transfer) and 7-footer Gilles Dierickx (FIU transfer) eligible for play next season, and they’ll have the task of accounting for the departure of current senior center Aziz N’Diaye.
Washington isn’t done with their 2013 class at Aaron Gordon remains on the board, and landing Johnson to go along with Williams-Goss makes this a good day for the Huskies.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1