Oct 14, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Washington landed its second verbal commitment in the 2013 class on Sunday evening, as 6-4 shooting guard Darin Johnson tweeted his decision to be a Husky.
Johnson, who played on the same Play Hard Play Smart AAU team as San Diego State commits Dakarai Allen and D’Erryl Williams II, hails from Sacramento, California.
Johnson picked the Huskies over Oregon, San Diego State and Texas A&M, and he averaged 16.8 points per game at Franklin HS last season.
darin johnson (@D_NASTYJFAM) October 15, 2012
With Johnson’s commitment versatile guard Nigel Williams-Goss (Findlay Prep) has some company in Washington’s 2013 class, and these two are players who can help Lorenzo Romar’s program remain a contender in the Pac-12.
Washington has two senior guards in their rotation this season in point guard Abdul Gaddy and shooting guard Scott Suggs.
Johnson and Williams-Goss join a group that will likely include Andrew Andrews, Dion Overstreet, Hikeem Stewart and C.J. Wilcox.
The Huskies will also have 6-9 power forward Perris Blackwell (San Francisco transfer) and 7-footer Gilles Dierickx (FIU transfer) eligible for play next season, and they’ll have the task of accounting for the departure of current senior center Aziz N’Diaye.
Washington isn’t done with their 2013 class at Aaron Gordon remains on the board, and landing Johnson to go along with Williams-Goss makes this a good day for the Huskies.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)