Oct 15, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Khalil Murphy has gotten a waiver from the NCAA and will be eligible to play immediately at LIU-Brooklyn, according to Rex Walters, the coach of his former school, San Francisco:
Happy to hear that Khalil Murphy got his NCAA Waiver and will be able to play right away at LIU.—
Rex Walters (@USFBBallCoach) October 15, 2012
Murphy is a 6-foot-7 forward that will provide the Blackbirds with depth in their front court this season. His impact may end up being minimal as a sophomore, as he’ll be playing behind Julian Boyd and Jamal Olaseware, but given the tempo at which LIU plays, more bodies is never a bad thing.
Murphy averaged 1.8 points as a freshman at USF.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)