Oct 15, 2012, 9:54 PM EDT
Bowling Green head coach Louis Orr woke up to some upsetting vandalism on his house on Sunday.
Reportedly, Orr, who is entering his sixth season as coach of the Falcons, found the words “white power” and a swastika written on the outside of his home in chalk. Bowling Green police are investigating the incident, according to the Toledo Blade.
Orr declined comment through a spokesperson. The writing was discovered at 10 a.m. Sunday.
Ignorance is an awful thing. While it’s still unclear what the motives were, I can’t — or at least, hope — believe Orr’s job as coach of BGSU is the reason for it. He’s 176-162 in his five seasons at the helm. Whether it is or not, it’s tragic that we as a collective people haven’t risen above stuff like this.
Whatever the reason, let’s hope the vandals are caught.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)