Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
Late Night in the Phog worked its magic again.
Top 20 recruit Wayne Selden was in attendance on Friday, and as a result, the 6-foot-5 wing pledged to Bill Self and the Jayhawks on Monday afternoon:
Right before lunch time. Espn #14 Wayne Selden commits to Kansas. Great pickup for Bill Self and staff.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) October 15, 2012
Selden is a physical wing. He has terrific upper-body strength and is like a freight-train when he’s able to get his momentum headed towards the rim. He needs to develop his perimeter skills, as right now he’s more of a combo-forward in a two-guard’s body. But once he gets in the gym and develops his handle and jump shot, he’s got a chance to be a very good player for Kansas. Recruiting pundits rave about his intangibles and his ability to fit his game into the role a team needs him to play.
Selden joins Connor Frankamp, Brannen Greene and Frank Mason in the 2013 recruiting class for Kansas.
(Photo credit: Nike Global Challenge)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)