Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
Late Night in the Phog worked its magic again.
Top 20 recruit Wayne Selden was in attendance on Friday, and as a result, the 6-foot-5 wing pledged to Bill Self and the Jayhawks on Monday afternoon:
Right before lunch time. Espn #14 Wayne Selden commits to Kansas. Great pickup for Bill Self and staff.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) October 15, 2012
Selden is a physical wing. He has terrific upper-body strength and is like a freight-train when he’s able to get his momentum headed towards the rim. He needs to develop his perimeter skills, as right now he’s more of a combo-forward in a two-guard’s body. But once he gets in the gym and develops his handle and jump shot, he’s got a chance to be a very good player for Kansas. Recruiting pundits rave about his intangibles and his ability to fit his game into the role a team needs him to play.
Selden joins Connor Frankamp, Brannen Greene and Frank Mason in the 2013 recruiting class for Kansas.
(Photo credit: Nike Global Challenge)
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)