Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
Late Night in the Phog worked its magic again.
Top 20 recruit Wayne Selden was in attendance on Friday, and as a result, the 6-foot-5 wing pledged to Bill Self and the Jayhawks on Monday afternoon:
Right before lunch time. Espn #14 Wayne Selden commits to Kansas. Great pickup for Bill Self and staff.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) October 15, 2012
Selden is a physical wing. He has terrific upper-body strength and is like a freight-train when he’s able to get his momentum headed towards the rim. He needs to develop his perimeter skills, as right now he’s more of a combo-forward in a two-guard’s body. But once he gets in the gym and develops his handle and jump shot, he’s got a chance to be a very good player for Kansas. Recruiting pundits rave about his intangibles and his ability to fit his game into the role a team needs him to play.
Selden joins Connor Frankamp, Brannen Greene and Frank Mason in the 2013 recruiting class for Kansas.
(Photo credit: Nike Global Challenge)
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)