Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 PM EST
Late Night in the Phog worked its magic again.
Top 20 recruit Wayne Selden was in attendance on Friday, and as a result, the 6-foot-5 wing pledged to Bill Self and the Jayhawks on Monday afternoon:
Right before lunch time. Espn #14 Wayne Selden commits to Kansas. Great pickup for Bill Self and staff.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) October 15, 2012
Selden is a physical wing. He has terrific upper-body strength and is like a freight-train when he’s able to get his momentum headed towards the rim. He needs to develop his perimeter skills, as right now he’s more of a combo-forward in a two-guard’s body. But once he gets in the gym and develops his handle and jump shot, he’s got a chance to be a very good player for Kansas. Recruiting pundits rave about his intangibles and his ability to fit his game into the role a team needs him to play.
Selden joins Connor Frankamp, Brannen Greene and Frank Mason in the 2013 recruiting class for Kansas.
(Photo credit: Nike Global Challenge)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 0
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)