Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
Late Night in the Phog worked its magic again.
Top 20 recruit Wayne Selden was in attendance on Friday, and as a result, the 6-foot-5 wing pledged to Bill Self and the Jayhawks on Monday afternoon:
Right before lunch time. Espn #14 Wayne Selden commits to Kansas. Great pickup for Bill Self and staff.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) October 15, 2012
Selden is a physical wing. He has terrific upper-body strength and is like a freight-train when he’s able to get his momentum headed towards the rim. He needs to develop his perimeter skills, as right now he’s more of a combo-forward in a two-guard’s body. But once he gets in the gym and develops his handle and jump shot, he’s got a chance to be a very good player for Kansas. Recruiting pundits rave about his intangibles and his ability to fit his game into the role a team needs him to play.
Selden joins Connor Frankamp, Brannen Greene and Frank Mason in the 2013 recruiting class for Kansas.
(Photo credit: Nike Global Challenge)
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)