Oct 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Coach Mark Turgeon might have missed out on the Harrison twins earlier this fall, but he wouldn’t miss twice in a row.
Top-50 guard Roddy Peters announced Tuesday that he would be headed to Maryland to play for Turgeon and the Terrapins, choosing the rising ACC school over Kansas, Xavier, and Georgetown.
Peters is a local product from District Hill, Md., making him a top priority for the Terrapins, especially because of his affiliation with the prominent D.C.-area AAU program DC Assault.
As a combo guard, Peters now becomes a key piece of Maryland’s backcourt of the future. He is 6-4, 180 pounds and has the ability to get to the basket, run in transition, and create his own shot.
He becomes the second prospect to pledge his name to Maryland from the Class of 2013, following 6-9 big man Damonte Dodd, who committed in February.
Despite losing out on the Harrison twins, Turgeon continues forward with his second straight strong recruiting class with the Terrapins.
His Class of 2012, which takes the floor this fall, features Top-100 prospects Shaquille Cleare and Jake Layman, as well as Georgia native Charles Mitchell and guard Seth Allen.
He also secured transfer Dez Wells from Xavier, who will be eligible to play next season.
The Terrapins open their 2012-13 season against Kentucky on Nov. 9 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)