Oct 17, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
It looks like Davidson will be staying put in the Southern Conference.
Along with the College of Charleston, Davidson had been targeted by the CAA to change league affiliations to help offset the defections by VCU (to the Atlantic 10), Old Dominion (to Conference USA), and Georgia State (to the Sun Belt).
But as of Wednesday, it appears as if the Wildcats are staying.
At least according to SoCon commissioner John Iamarino.
Iamarino said he was informed Monday of Davidson’s decision by Wildcats athletic director Jim Murphy.
“He called me and said Davidson’s board had met Friday and determined that it would not be prudent at this time to change conference affiliations,” Iamarino said. “They have decided to remain in the Southern Conference.”
Iamarino also said he remains “optimistic” that Charleston will decide against the conference change. The school’s board of trustees is scheduled to meet on Friday to further discuss the issue.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)