Oct 17, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
It looks like Davidson will be staying put in the Southern Conference.
Along with the College of Charleston, Davidson had been targeted by the CAA to change league affiliations to help offset the defections by VCU (to the Atlantic 10), Old Dominion (to Conference USA), and Georgia State (to the Sun Belt).
But as of Wednesday, it appears as if the Wildcats are staying.
At least according to SoCon commissioner John Iamarino.
Iamarino said he was informed Monday of Davidson’s decision by Wildcats athletic director Jim Murphy.
“He called me and said Davidson’s board had met Friday and determined that it would not be prudent at this time to change conference affiliations,” Iamarino said. “They have decided to remain in the Southern Conference.”
Iamarino also said he remains “optimistic” that Charleston will decide against the conference change. The school’s board of trustees is scheduled to meet on Friday to further discuss the issue.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)