Oct 17, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
Just two weeks ago, Kentucky’s 2013 recruiting consisted of Derek Willis and … Derek Willis, a 6-foot-9 three-star recruit from Kentucky.
Today, Coach Cal added another his fourth five-star recruit to the class, as Marcus Lee pick Kentucky over Cal. And he learned just hours before Lee’s announcement that Nerlens Noel is cleared to play this season.
Not a bad fortnight.
Lee is a promising, 6-foot-10 forward whose strength is his athleticism. He really came on during this past summer and has the kind of potential that makes him a perfect fit for Coach Cal’s system. He’s got some perimeter ability, but where he excels at this point in his development is his ability in the paint. He blocks shots, he rebounds and he finishes around the rim. He’s similar to Willie Cauley-Stein in that his ranking (mid-20’s, depending on who you use) isn’t necessarily the best indicator of his upside.
Lee joins the Harrison twins and James Young in a class that is already one of the best ever, and still has plenty of room to get better. Julius Randle has yet to pick a school, and most believe that UK is a strong contender in that race. There is also Andrew Wiggins, who has yet to decide if he will reclassify to 2013 but is another kid that UK has in their sights.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)