Oct 17, 2012, 4:58 PM EST
Just two weeks ago, Kentucky’s 2013 recruiting consisted of Derek Willis and … Derek Willis, a 6-foot-9 three-star recruit from Kentucky.
Today, Coach Cal added another his fourth five-star recruit to the class, as Marcus Lee pick Kentucky over Cal. And he learned just hours before Lee’s announcement that Nerlens Noel is cleared to play this season.
Not a bad fortnight.
Lee is a promising, 6-foot-10 forward whose strength is his athleticism. He really came on during this past summer and has the kind of potential that makes him a perfect fit for Coach Cal’s system. He’s got some perimeter ability, but where he excels at this point in his development is his ability in the paint. He blocks shots, he rebounds and he finishes around the rim. He’s similar to Willie Cauley-Stein in that his ranking (mid-20’s, depending on who you use) isn’t necessarily the best indicator of his upside.
Lee joins the Harrison twins and James Young in a class that is already one of the best ever, and still has plenty of room to get better. Julius Randle has yet to pick a school, and most believe that UK is a strong contender in that race. There is also Andrew Wiggins, who has yet to decide if he will reclassify to 2013 but is another kid that UK has in their sights.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)