Oct 18, 2012, 8:53 PM EST
Missouri has added their third commitment in the Class of 2013.
After 45 minutes worth of video montages and R. Kelly’s “I’m the World’s Greatest“, Johnathan Williams III, a 6-foot-8 lefty from Memphis, pledged to Frank Haith and the Tigers.
“It’s a great basketball program, good academically and just a good school,” Williams said.
Williams is a top 30 recruit whose decision came down to Missouri, Georgetown and Michigan State. His brother, Johnny Williams (I guess the Williams like the name John), plays at George Mason.
Williams is ultra capable with his length and skill level. He can score inside with quickness and his ability to use both hands and will step out and knock down the jumper if left open. He runs the floor and can lead the break with his handles or make the correct pass, once his strength catches up he could be a pro.
Williams joins four-star point guard Wesley Clark and Travis Jorgenson in Missouri’s 2013 class.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)