Oct 18, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Missouri has added their third commitment in the Class of 2013.
After 45 minutes worth of video montages and R. Kelly’s “I’m the World’s Greatest“, Johnathan Williams III, a 6-foot-8 lefty from Memphis, pledged to Frank Haith and the Tigers.
“It’s a great basketball program, good academically and just a good school,” Williams said.
Williams is a top 30 recruit whose decision came down to Missouri, Georgetown and Michigan State. His brother, Johnny Williams (I guess the Williams like the name John), plays at George Mason.
Williams is ultra capable with his length and skill level. He can score inside with quickness and his ability to use both hands and will step out and knock down the jumper if left open. He runs the floor and can lead the break with his handles or make the correct pass, once his strength catches up he could be a pro.
Williams joins four-star point guard Wesley Clark and Travis Jorgenson in Missouri’s 2013 class.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings