Oct 18, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Missouri has added their third commitment in the Class of 2013.
After 45 minutes worth of video montages and R. Kelly’s “I’m the World’s Greatest“, Johnathan Williams III, a 6-foot-8 lefty from Memphis, pledged to Frank Haith and the Tigers.
“It’s a great basketball program, good academically and just a good school,” Williams said.
Williams is a top 30 recruit whose decision came down to Missouri, Georgetown and Michigan State. His brother, Johnny Williams (I guess the Williams like the name John), plays at George Mason.
Williams is ultra capable with his length and skill level. He can score inside with quickness and his ability to use both hands and will step out and knock down the jumper if left open. He runs the floor and can lead the break with his handles or make the correct pass, once his strength catches up he could be a pro.
Williams joins four-star point guard Wesley Clark and Travis Jorgenson in Missouri’s 2013 class.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)