Oct 18, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Missouri has added their third commitment in the Class of 2013.
After 45 minutes worth of video montages and R. Kelly’s “I’m the World’s Greatest“, Johnathan Williams III, a 6-foot-8 lefty from Memphis, pledged to Frank Haith and the Tigers.
“It’s a great basketball program, good academically and just a good school,” Williams said.
Williams is a top 30 recruit whose decision came down to Missouri, Georgetown and Michigan State. His brother, Johnny Williams (I guess the Williams like the name John), plays at George Mason.
Williams is ultra capable with his length and skill level. He can score inside with quickness and his ability to use both hands and will step out and knock down the jumper if left open. He runs the floor and can lead the break with his handles or make the correct pass, once his strength catches up he could be a pro.
Williams joins four-star point guard Wesley Clark and Travis Jorgenson in Missouri’s 2013 class.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)