Oct 18, 2012, 8:53 PM EST
Missouri has added their third commitment in the Class of 2013.
After 45 minutes worth of video montages and R. Kelly’s “I’m the World’s Greatest“, Johnathan Williams III, a 6-foot-8 lefty from Memphis, pledged to Frank Haith and the Tigers.
“It’s a great basketball program, good academically and just a good school,” Williams said.
Williams is a top 30 recruit whose decision came down to Missouri, Georgetown and Michigan State. His brother, Johnny Williams (I guess the Williams like the name John), plays at George Mason.
Williams is ultra capable with his length and skill level. He can score inside with quickness and his ability to use both hands and will step out and knock down the jumper if left open. He runs the floor and can lead the break with his handles or make the correct pass, once his strength catches up he could be a pro.
Williams joins four-star point guard Wesley Clark and Travis Jorgenson in Missouri’s 2013 class.
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)