Oct 18, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
That news — Charleston officially making the jump from the SoCon to the CAA — comes from this report from Andy Katz, which is anything but a guarantee. I hope and expect every fantasy football trade that I propose to be accepted, and yet I’ve only actually made one deal all season long in all of my leagues combined.
On the other hand, this is the sentiment held by just about everyone that has followed the process closely despite the fact that we are only a day removed from Davidson resisting the overtures from the CAA.
Whatever the case, the news will become official on Saturday. At 9:30 a.m. EST, the Charleston decision-makers will all sit down and, well, make a decision. So until then, I guess we can chalk this up as educated optimism.
If Charleston does make the jump, they will become the 10th team in the conference. With Davidson turning down the offer, the CAA may end up making the decision to stay put at 10 teams.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)