Oct 18, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
That news — Charleston officially making the jump from the SoCon to the CAA — comes from this report from Andy Katz, which is anything but a guarantee. I hope and expect every fantasy football trade that I propose to be accepted, and yet I’ve only actually made one deal all season long in all of my leagues combined.
On the other hand, this is the sentiment held by just about everyone that has followed the process closely despite the fact that we are only a day removed from Davidson resisting the overtures from the CAA.
Whatever the case, the news will become official on Saturday. At 9:30 a.m. EST, the Charleston decision-makers will all sit down and, well, make a decision. So until then, I guess we can chalk this up as educated optimism.
If Charleston does make the jump, they will become the 10th team in the conference. With Davidson turning down the offer, the CAA may end up making the decision to stay put at 10 teams.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)