Oct 18, 2012, 8:30 PM EST
That news — Charleston officially making the jump from the SoCon to the CAA — comes from this report from Andy Katz, which is anything but a guarantee. I hope and expect every fantasy football trade that I propose to be accepted, and yet I’ve only actually made one deal all season long in all of my leagues combined.
On the other hand, this is the sentiment held by just about everyone that has followed the process closely despite the fact that we are only a day removed from Davidson resisting the overtures from the CAA.
Whatever the case, the news will become official on Saturday. At 9:30 a.m. EST, the Charleston decision-makers will all sit down and, well, make a decision. So until then, I guess we can chalk this up as educated optimism.
If Charleston does make the jump, they will become the 10th team in the conference. With Davidson turning down the offer, the CAA may end up making the decision to stay put at 10 teams.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)