Oct 18, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
That news — Charleston officially making the jump from the SoCon to the CAA — comes from this report from Andy Katz, which is anything but a guarantee. I hope and expect every fantasy football trade that I propose to be accepted, and yet I’ve only actually made one deal all season long in all of my leagues combined.
On the other hand, this is the sentiment held by just about everyone that has followed the process closely despite the fact that we are only a day removed from Davidson resisting the overtures from the CAA.
Whatever the case, the news will become official on Saturday. At 9:30 a.m. EST, the Charleston decision-makers will all sit down and, well, make a decision. So until then, I guess we can chalk this up as educated optimism.
If Charleston does make the jump, they will become the 10th team in the conference. With Davidson turning down the offer, the CAA may end up making the decision to stay put at 10 teams.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)