Oct 18, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
That news — Charleston officially making the jump from the SoCon to the CAA — comes from this report from Andy Katz, which is anything but a guarantee. I hope and expect every fantasy football trade that I propose to be accepted, and yet I’ve only actually made one deal all season long in all of my leagues combined.
On the other hand, this is the sentiment held by just about everyone that has followed the process closely despite the fact that we are only a day removed from Davidson resisting the overtures from the CAA.
Whatever the case, the news will become official on Saturday. At 9:30 a.m. EST, the Charleston decision-makers will all sit down and, well, make a decision. So until then, I guess we can chalk this up as educated optimism.
If Charleston does make the jump, they will become the 10th team in the conference. With Davidson turning down the offer, the CAA may end up making the decision to stay put at 10 teams.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 0
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)