Oct 19, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Top ten recruit, Noah Vonleh (New Hampton/Haverhill, MA) decided to reclassify to the class of 2013, back in September. Fast forward a month and the 6-foot-9 Vonleh has already trimmed his list of schools down to just six.
According to SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria, Vonleh is only considering Connecticut, Georgetown, North Carolina, Syracuse, Ohio State, and Indiana.
This leaves teams like Arizona, Kansas, Pittsburgh, UCLA, and Florida, among others, out of contention for Vonleh.
No real shocks from this with the exception of UConn, who is in the middle of a coaching change. Many of these programs still standing in the Noah Vonleh sweepstakes were the same programs strongly recruiting him when he was still a member of the class of 2014. The Tar Heels, Buckeyes, Hoosiers, and Orange have all been in the mix for the New Hampton forward for a considerable time.
New Hampton head coach Pete Hutchins told Zagoria that Vonleh is expected to visit Syracuse and Indiana in early November. Ohio State and Georgetown could potentially host Vonleh by the end of October, but that is yet to be determined.
ESPN’s Dave Telep mentioned in his post (subscription required) that New Hampton plays in a tournament down in Raleigh, N.C. in late December and a visit to Chapel Hill is likely.
“We don’t anticipate that he will sign in November but he could make a decision after these visits if he feels comfortable with any one particular situation,” Hutchins told SNY.tv on Thursday.
Vonleh is one of the most versatile forwards in the class of 2013 with his size and ability to put the ball on the floor and slash to the rim. Typically known as a face-up four, Vonleh, over the past year, has stretched his game from the post to beyond the 3-point line.
(Photo credit: Adidas)
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)