Oct 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Baylor picked up its second commitment in the 2013 class at small forward Ishmail Wainright verbally committed to the school (subscription required) as first reported by Alex Kline of The Recruit Scoop.
Wainright, a native of Kansas City who plays at Montrose Christian School (MD), chose the Bears over schools such as Ohio State, St. John’s and Texas.
Wainright is a 6-5 wing with long arms and a solid build, and his skills made Wainright a popular player in recruiting circles according to Montrose Christian head coach Stu Vetter.
“Ishmail is probably the most highly-recruited player we’ve had since Kevin Durant,” Montrose coach Stu Vetter said. “He has offers from all over the country – some of the biggest names in basketball – and deservedly so; he’s one of the best players in the country. He’s a facilitator and makes everybody else around him better, and he’s going to be an outstanding player for us.“
He joins center Jonathan Motley in Baylor’s 2013 class, and Wainright is skilled enough to crack Baylor’s rotation next year.
The Bears lose guards Pierre Jackson and A.J. Walton and forward/center Jamison Morgan after the 2012-13 season, and could also be early draft entries to consider.
With Justin Anderson (Virginia) and Michael Carrera (South Carolina) now in college, Wainright should be one of the leaders for Montrose Christian in his senior season.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)