Oct 20, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim has awarded a scholarship to guard Nolan Hart, a third-year player with the Orange program, the Post-Standard is reporting.
Hart is a 5-10 native of Albany, N.Y., who has seen action in six games over the course of his career with the Orange, registering one rebound and one assist last season.
Of the 13 allowed by the NCAA, Syracuse had recruited only 10 scholarship players for the 2012-13 season, which gave Boeheim the opportunity to award Hart and fellow former walk-ons Matt Lyde-Cajuste and Griffin Hoffman a scholarship.
It has become standard practice for Boeheim to give available scholarships to walk-ons who have been in the program for a significant amount of time.
The Orange open their season with a trip to San Diego for a game against San Diego State aboard the USS Midway. Syracuse, ranked in the top 10 to begin its season, faces another top-25 team in Steve Fisher’s Aztecs.
Photo Credit: Syracuse Athletics
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)