Oct 20, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim has awarded a scholarship to guard Nolan Hart, a third-year player with the Orange program, the Post-Standard is reporting.
Hart is a 5-10 native of Albany, N.Y., who has seen action in six games over the course of his career with the Orange, registering one rebound and one assist last season.
Of the 13 allowed by the NCAA, Syracuse had recruited only 10 scholarship players for the 2012-13 season, which gave Boeheim the opportunity to award Hart and fellow former walk-ons Matt Lyde-Cajuste and Griffin Hoffman a scholarship.
It has become standard practice for Boeheim to give available scholarships to walk-ons who have been in the program for a significant amount of time.
The Orange open their season with a trip to San Diego for a game against San Diego State aboard the USS Midway. Syracuse, ranked in the top 10 to begin its season, faces another top-25 team in Steve Fisher’s Aztecs.
Photo Credit: Syracuse Athletics
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL