Oct 20, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim has awarded a scholarship to guard Nolan Hart, a third-year player with the Orange program, the Post-Standard is reporting.
Hart is a 5-10 native of Albany, N.Y., who has seen action in six games over the course of his career with the Orange, registering one rebound and one assist last season.
Of the 13 allowed by the NCAA, Syracuse had recruited only 10 scholarship players for the 2012-13 season, which gave Boeheim the opportunity to award Hart and fellow former walk-ons Matt Lyde-Cajuste and Griffin Hoffman a scholarship.
It has become standard practice for Boeheim to give available scholarships to walk-ons who have been in the program for a significant amount of time.
The Orange open their season with a trip to San Diego for a game against San Diego State aboard the USS Midway. Syracuse, ranked in the top 10 to begin its season, faces another top-25 team in Steve Fisher’s Aztecs.
Photo Credit: Syracuse Athletics
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)