Oct 20, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim has awarded a scholarship to guard Nolan Hart, a third-year player with the Orange program, the Post-Standard is reporting.
Hart is a 5-10 native of Albany, N.Y., who has seen action in six games over the course of his career with the Orange, registering one rebound and one assist last season.
Of the 13 allowed by the NCAA, Syracuse had recruited only 10 scholarship players for the 2012-13 season, which gave Boeheim the opportunity to award Hart and fellow former walk-ons Matt Lyde-Cajuste and Griffin Hoffman a scholarship.
It has become standard practice for Boeheim to give available scholarships to walk-ons who have been in the program for a significant amount of time.
The Orange open their season with a trip to San Diego for a game against San Diego State aboard the USS Midway. Syracuse, ranked in the top 10 to begin its season, faces another top-25 team in Steve Fisher’s Aztecs.
Photo Credit: Syracuse Athletics
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)