Oct 20, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim has awarded a scholarship to guard Nolan Hart, a third-year player with the Orange program, the Post-Standard is reporting.
Hart is a 5-10 native of Albany, N.Y., who has seen action in six games over the course of his career with the Orange, registering one rebound and one assist last season.
Of the 13 allowed by the NCAA, Syracuse had recruited only 10 scholarship players for the 2012-13 season, which gave Boeheim the opportunity to award Hart and fellow former walk-ons Matt Lyde-Cajuste and Griffin Hoffman a scholarship.
It has become standard practice for Boeheim to give available scholarships to walk-ons who have been in the program for a significant amount of time.
The Orange open their season with a trip to San Diego for a game against San Diego State aboard the USS Midway. Syracuse, ranked in the top 10 to begin its season, faces another top-25 team in Steve Fisher’s Aztecs.
Photo Credit: Syracuse Athletics
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)