Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
Less than two weeks after Tyler Lamb underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery another UCLA Bruin is injured, as the Associated Press reported that senior forward David Wear sprained his right ankle in practice on Sunday.
Wear, who averaged 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last season, will undergo X-rays on his ankle on Monday according to a team spokesman.
In UCLA’s three exhibition games in China Wear reached double figures just once but on that occasion he was highly productive, finishing with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the Bruins’ 116-68 win over Tsinghua University.
In UCLA’s other two games Wear accounted for a total of ten points and ten rebounds.
A sprained ankle in most instances isn’t a major issue unless it’s a high ankle sprain, so the hope is that there’s no major issue discovered in Monday’s examination.
With Lamb still recovering and the NCAA yet to clear freshmen Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA can’t afford any major personnel losses as they approach the start of the season.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)