Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
Less than two weeks after Tyler Lamb underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery another UCLA Bruin is injured, as the Associated Press reported that senior forward David Wear sprained his right ankle in practice on Sunday.
Wear, who averaged 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last season, will undergo X-rays on his ankle on Monday according to a team spokesman.
In UCLA’s three exhibition games in China Wear reached double figures just once but on that occasion he was highly productive, finishing with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the Bruins’ 116-68 win over Tsinghua University.
In UCLA’s other two games Wear accounted for a total of ten points and ten rebounds.
A sprained ankle in most instances isn’t a major issue unless it’s a high ankle sprain, so the hope is that there’s no major issue discovered in Monday’s examination.
With Lamb still recovering and the NCAA yet to clear freshmen Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA can’t afford any major personnel losses as they approach the start of the season.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)