Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM EST
Less than two weeks after Tyler Lamb underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery another UCLA Bruin is injured, as the Associated Press reported that senior forward David Wear sprained his right ankle in practice on Sunday.
Wear, who averaged 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last season, will undergo X-rays on his ankle on Monday according to a team spokesman.
In UCLA’s three exhibition games in China Wear reached double figures just once but on that occasion he was highly productive, finishing with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the Bruins’ 116-68 win over Tsinghua University.
In UCLA’s other two games Wear accounted for a total of ten points and ten rebounds.
A sprained ankle in most instances isn’t a major issue unless it’s a high ankle sprain, so the hope is that there’s no major issue discovered in Monday’s examination.
With Lamb still recovering and the NCAA yet to clear freshmen Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA can’t afford any major personnel losses as they approach the start of the season.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)