Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
Less than two weeks after Tyler Lamb underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery another UCLA Bruin is injured, as the Associated Press reported that senior forward David Wear sprained his right ankle in practice on Sunday.
Wear, who averaged 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last season, will undergo X-rays on his ankle on Monday according to a team spokesman.
In UCLA’s three exhibition games in China Wear reached double figures just once but on that occasion he was highly productive, finishing with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the Bruins’ 116-68 win over Tsinghua University.
In UCLA’s other two games Wear accounted for a total of ten points and ten rebounds.
A sprained ankle in most instances isn’t a major issue unless it’s a high ankle sprain, so the hope is that there’s no major issue discovered in Monday’s examination.
With Lamb still recovering and the NCAA yet to clear freshmen Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA can’t afford any major personnel losses as they approach the start of the season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)