Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
Less than two weeks after Tyler Lamb underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery another UCLA Bruin is injured, as the Associated Press reported that senior forward David Wear sprained his right ankle in practice on Sunday.
Wear, who averaged 10.2 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last season, will undergo X-rays on his ankle on Monday according to a team spokesman.
In UCLA’s three exhibition games in China Wear reached double figures just once but on that occasion he was highly productive, finishing with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the Bruins’ 116-68 win over Tsinghua University.
In UCLA’s other two games Wear accounted for a total of ten points and ten rebounds.
A sprained ankle in most instances isn’t a major issue unless it’s a high ankle sprain, so the hope is that there’s no major issue discovered in Monday’s examination.
With Lamb still recovering and the NCAA yet to clear freshmen Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA can’t afford any major personnel losses as they approach the start of the season.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)