Oct 21, 2012, 3:57 PM EDT
Simeon (Ill.) forward Jabari Parker is on a visit to Michigan State this weekend and, according to reports, he met with the Spartan soccer team Sunday before their match with Wisconsin.
“Coach Izzo and #1 recruit Jabari Parker wishing us luck before our game,” Michigan State junior goalie Bryce Dobbins tweeted Sunday morning.
We typically see high-major recruits, especially No. 1 overall recruits, taking in a football game, but Michigan State was in Ann Arbor this weekend to play Michigan, so plans were likely shifted.
But now his recruitment is getting into full swing, though reports have said that the Chicago star may not sign a letter of intent during the fall signing period and may wait until the spring to do so.
Parker was injured for key parts of the July recruiting period, which forced him to sit out Nike Peach Jam and a chance to match up with another highly ranked prospect, Andrew Wiggins.
At 6-8, 220 pounds, Parker has narrowed his list to five schools—Michigan State, BYU, Duke, Florida, and Stanford—and is in the conversation with Wiggins as the best high school player in the country right now.
He was recently featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated where he was heralded as “the best high school player since LeBron James.” The cover sparked a debate about the validity of the statement, but, regardless of whether he should be compared to James, the team that lands Parker will have a major piece to build toward perhaps a championship team.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)