Oct 23, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
Former Indiana signee and current Brewster Academy (N.H.) guard Ron Patterson has a decision to make.
After being cleared academically by the NCAA but not qualifying at Indiana, Patterson returned for a prep year at Brewster and his recruitment is now picking up.
Patterson was offered by Syracuse last week and, according to the Indianapolis Star, he will take an official visit to the New York school from Oct. 31-Nov. 2.
Syracuse already has a strong 2013 recruiting class coming together, already having secured commitments from highly touted point guard Tyler Ennis, Philadelphia forward B.J. Johnson, and big man Chinonso Obokoh.
Among the other schools involved in Patterson’s recruitment are DePaul, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, and his one-time school, Indiana.
Whoever ultimately lands Patterson will have an exceptional athlete, one who Tom Crean raved about after he signed with Indiana.
“He’s got a motor that’s second to none,” Crean said. “His hustle, his energy, especially on the defensive end, his desire to get to the basket.
“Now, getting the skills and the fundamentals and all of those things inside that motor, decision making, that’s the things he has to continue to work on.”
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)