Oct 23, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
Former Indiana signee and current Brewster Academy (N.H.) guard Ron Patterson has a decision to make.
After being cleared academically by the NCAA but not qualifying at Indiana, Patterson returned for a prep year at Brewster and his recruitment is now picking up.
Patterson was offered by Syracuse last week and, according to the Indianapolis Star, he will take an official visit to the New York school from Oct. 31-Nov. 2.
Syracuse already has a strong 2013 recruiting class coming together, already having secured commitments from highly touted point guard Tyler Ennis, Philadelphia forward B.J. Johnson, and big man Chinonso Obokoh.
Among the other schools involved in Patterson’s recruitment are DePaul, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, and his one-time school, Indiana.
Whoever ultimately lands Patterson will have an exceptional athlete, one who Tom Crean raved about after he signed with Indiana.
“He’s got a motor that’s second to none,” Crean said. “His hustle, his energy, especially on the defensive end, his desire to get to the basket.
“Now, getting the skills and the fundamentals and all of those things inside that motor, decision making, that’s the things he has to continue to work on.”
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)