Oct 23, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
Former Indiana signee and current Brewster Academy (N.H.) guard Ron Patterson has a decision to make.
After being cleared academically by the NCAA but not qualifying at Indiana, Patterson returned for a prep year at Brewster and his recruitment is now picking up.
Patterson was offered by Syracuse last week and, according to the Indianapolis Star, he will take an official visit to the New York school from Oct. 31-Nov. 2.
Syracuse already has a strong 2013 recruiting class coming together, already having secured commitments from highly touted point guard Tyler Ennis, Philadelphia forward B.J. Johnson, and big man Chinonso Obokoh.
Among the other schools involved in Patterson’s recruitment are DePaul, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, and his one-time school, Indiana.
Whoever ultimately lands Patterson will have an exceptional athlete, one who Tom Crean raved about after he signed with Indiana.
“He’s got a motor that’s second to none,” Crean said. “His hustle, his energy, especially on the defensive end, his desire to get to the basket.
“Now, getting the skills and the fundamentals and all of those things inside that motor, decision making, that’s the things he has to continue to work on.”
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)