Oct 23, 2012, 1:34 PM EST
Former Indiana signee and current Brewster Academy (N.H.) guard Ron Patterson has a decision to make.
After being cleared academically by the NCAA but not qualifying at Indiana, Patterson returned for a prep year at Brewster and his recruitment is now picking up.
Patterson was offered by Syracuse last week and, according to the Indianapolis Star, he will take an official visit to the New York school from Oct. 31-Nov. 2.
Syracuse already has a strong 2013 recruiting class coming together, already having secured commitments from highly touted point guard Tyler Ennis, Philadelphia forward B.J. Johnson, and big man Chinonso Obokoh.
Among the other schools involved in Patterson’s recruitment are DePaul, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, and his one-time school, Indiana.
Whoever ultimately lands Patterson will have an exceptional athlete, one who Tom Crean raved about after he signed with Indiana.
“He’s got a motor that’s second to none,” Crean said. “His hustle, his energy, especially on the defensive end, his desire to get to the basket.
“Now, getting the skills and the fundamentals and all of those things inside that motor, decision making, that’s the things he has to continue to work on.”
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 13
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (15)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)