Oct 23, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
Former Indiana signee and current Brewster Academy (N.H.) guard Ron Patterson has a decision to make.
After being cleared academically by the NCAA but not qualifying at Indiana, Patterson returned for a prep year at Brewster and his recruitment is now picking up.
Patterson was offered by Syracuse last week and, according to the Indianapolis Star, he will take an official visit to the New York school from Oct. 31-Nov. 2.
Syracuse already has a strong 2013 recruiting class coming together, already having secured commitments from highly touted point guard Tyler Ennis, Philadelphia forward B.J. Johnson, and big man Chinonso Obokoh.
Among the other schools involved in Patterson’s recruitment are DePaul, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, and his one-time school, Indiana.
Whoever ultimately lands Patterson will have an exceptional athlete, one who Tom Crean raved about after he signed with Indiana.
“He’s got a motor that’s second to none,” Crean said. “His hustle, his energy, especially on the defensive end, his desire to get to the basket.
“Now, getting the skills and the fundamentals and all of those things inside that motor, decision making, that’s the things he has to continue to work on.”
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)