Oct 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin had a bit of unfortunate news for local media that attended practice on Wednesday afternoon.
“Jeronne (Maymon) had a minor setback so we probably won’t have him at the start of the season,” Martin said.
Maymon underwent microscopic knee surgery after last season, playing sparingly on the team’s trip to Italy.
If you don’t know, is a preseason second team all-SEC pick after averaging 12.7 points and 8.1 boards last season. He, along with Jarnell Stokes, were supposed to join forces and provide Tennessee with a front court that will allow the Vols to compete with Kentucky, Missouri and Florida at the to of the SEC.
But Maymon hasn’t been practicing, only participating in stretching, conditioning and shooting drills. According to Martin, Maymon’s “obviously not lost for the season” but his conditioning’s not “at the level where he could play a game right now”.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)