Oct 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin had a bit of unfortunate news for local media that attended practice on Wednesday afternoon.
“Jeronne (Maymon) had a minor setback so we probably won’t have him at the start of the season,” Martin said.
Maymon underwent microscopic knee surgery after last season, playing sparingly on the team’s trip to Italy.
If you don’t know, is a preseason second team all-SEC pick after averaging 12.7 points and 8.1 boards last season. He, along with Jarnell Stokes, were supposed to join forces and provide Tennessee with a front court that will allow the Vols to compete with Kentucky, Missouri and Florida at the to of the SEC.
But Maymon hasn’t been practicing, only participating in stretching, conditioning and shooting drills. According to Martin, Maymon’s “obviously not lost for the season” but his conditioning’s not “at the level where he could play a game right now”.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)