Oct 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin had a bit of unfortunate news for local media that attended practice on Wednesday afternoon.
“Jeronne (Maymon) had a minor setback so we probably won’t have him at the start of the season,” Martin said.
Maymon underwent microscopic knee surgery after last season, playing sparingly on the team’s trip to Italy.
If you don’t know, is a preseason second team all-SEC pick after averaging 12.7 points and 8.1 boards last season. He, along with Jarnell Stokes, were supposed to join forces and provide Tennessee with a front court that will allow the Vols to compete with Kentucky, Missouri and Florida at the to of the SEC.
But Maymon hasn’t been practicing, only participating in stretching, conditioning and shooting drills. According to Martin, Maymon’s “obviously not lost for the season” but his conditioning’s not “at the level where he could play a game right now”.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)