Oct 24, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Shabazz Muhammad, one of the nation’s elite freshmen and the kid projected to go No. 1 in the 2013 Draft by DraftExpress.com, injured his right shoulder in practice on Wednesday.
The extent of the injury in unknown at this point. He had an MRI on Wednesday and the results were expected in by Thursday morning. If the injury is serious, this is quite obviously a massive blow to the Bruins.
“It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary,” Howland told Adam Zagoria. “He got hit. He was going up and Jordan Adams whacked the ball coming down and hit his arm. Sometimes you could have a shoulder injury and you could have your arm pulled back. It wasn’t anything like that. It’s his right shoulder, not his shooting shoulder. It won’t be officially read until [Thursday]. The person who reads this is our person that I totally have confidence in. He will read this in the morning.”
Muhammad still hasn’t been cleared to play by the NCAA, however. Neither has the other elite freshman in UCLA’s class, Kyle Anderson.
It would be premature to react to any news tonight. Check back in the morning and we’ll have an update for you once UCLA announces the extent of the damage to the shoulder.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)