Oct 25, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Iona got some big news on Thursday afternoon, as Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge was cleared to play immediately:
Iona Athletics (@ICGaels) October 25, 2012
Sledge didn’t see much time with the Cyclones, playing in just eight games a season ago.
But the Long Island native should be a major factor at the point guard spot for an Iona team looking to replace Scott Machado. Sledge may end up coming off the bench at Iona as well, as he joins a team with a fairly loaded back court. Momo Jones and Sean Armand return, and transfers Curtis Dennis and Tre Bowman are also eligible this season.
Now the Gaels can sit back and wait to see if Norvel Pelle gets a waiver as well. And if he does, Iona may end up being one of the best mid-major teams in the country.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)