Oct 25, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Iona got some big news on Thursday afternoon, as Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge was cleared to play immediately:
Iona Athletics (@ICGaels) October 25, 2012
Sledge didn’t see much time with the Cyclones, playing in just eight games a season ago.
But the Long Island native should be a major factor at the point guard spot for an Iona team looking to replace Scott Machado. Sledge may end up coming off the bench at Iona as well, as he joins a team with a fairly loaded back court. Momo Jones and Sean Armand return, and transfers Curtis Dennis and Tre Bowman are also eligible this season.
Now the Gaels can sit back and wait to see if Norvel Pelle gets a waiver as well. And if he does, Iona may end up being one of the best mid-major teams in the country.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)