Oct 25, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Iona got some big news on Thursday afternoon, as Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge was cleared to play immediately:
Iona Athletics (@ICGaels) October 25, 2012
Sledge didn’t see much time with the Cyclones, playing in just eight games a season ago.
But the Long Island native should be a major factor at the point guard spot for an Iona team looking to replace Scott Machado. Sledge may end up coming off the bench at Iona as well, as he joins a team with a fairly loaded back court. Momo Jones and Sean Armand return, and transfers Curtis Dennis and Tre Bowman are also eligible this season.
Now the Gaels can sit back and wait to see if Norvel Pelle gets a waiver as well. And if he does, Iona may end up being one of the best mid-major teams in the country.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 5
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3