Oct 25, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Iona got some big news on Thursday afternoon, as Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge was cleared to play immediately:
Iona Athletics (@ICGaels) October 25, 2012
Sledge didn’t see much time with the Cyclones, playing in just eight games a season ago.
But the Long Island native should be a major factor at the point guard spot for an Iona team looking to replace Scott Machado. Sledge may end up coming off the bench at Iona as well, as he joins a team with a fairly loaded back court. Momo Jones and Sean Armand return, and transfers Curtis Dennis and Tre Bowman are also eligible this season.
Now the Gaels can sit back and wait to see if Norvel Pelle gets a waiver as well. And if he does, Iona may end up being one of the best mid-major teams in the country.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)