Oct 25, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Iona got some big news on Thursday afternoon, as Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge was cleared to play immediately:
Iona Athletics (@ICGaels) October 25, 2012
Sledge didn’t see much time with the Cyclones, playing in just eight games a season ago.
But the Long Island native should be a major factor at the point guard spot for an Iona team looking to replace Scott Machado. Sledge may end up coming off the bench at Iona as well, as he joins a team with a fairly loaded back court. Momo Jones and Sean Armand return, and transfers Curtis Dennis and Tre Bowman are also eligible this season.
Now the Gaels can sit back and wait to see if Norvel Pelle gets a waiver as well. And if he does, Iona may end up being one of the best mid-major teams in the country.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (8)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)