Oct 26, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
With the fall signing period less than a month away the Missouri Tigers looked to be in good shape with four players verbally committed to attend the school.
While Frank Haith’s program is still in a good place they’re down a commitment, as it was reported by Eric Bossi of Rivals.com that point guard Travis Jorgenson has decided to reopen his recruitment.
Jorgenson, who plays at New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New Hampshire, was one of two point guard commitments for the Tigers as Wes Clark made his decision after an outstanding summer on the circuit.
Big men Torren Jones and Johnathan Williams III are also committed (verbally) members of Missouri’s 2013 class.
Jorgenson made his decision back in September 2011, and that’s a long time to sit on a decision.
“I just think that he wanted to open it back up because he wasn’t comfortable signing right away,” KC Run GMC coach L.J. Goolsby told Rivals.com. “It’s nothing against Missouri, he loves Missouri, he grew up there.
“He committed so early that he wanted to go through the process and be sure that he made the right decision.”
The reason why Jorgenson’s decision to reopen his recruitment is that Missouri will be in need of guards come 2013.
Michael Dixon Jr. and Keion Bell are both seniors this season, and as Rock M Nation notes junior Phil Pressey could always make the decision to turn pro as well.
That happens and the Tigers suddenly would be without a point guard, making the commitments of Clark and Jorgenson very important.
There’s always the chance that Jorgenson looks around and realizes that home is where the heart is and he ultimately signs with Missouri.
But this news means that the Tigers will need to put in a little more work to make sure that indeed happens down the line.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)