Oct 26, 2012, 11:10 PM EDT
It’s been a busy week for Simeon 2013 small forward, Jabari Parker of Chicago. The 6-foot-9 recruit was part of the latest ESPN 30 for 30 film, Benji, on Tuesday night.
Then two days later, Parker officially surrendered his crown as the top senior in the nation, when Huntington Prep’s Andrew Wiggins reclassified to the Class of 2013.
Friday, Parker took an official visit to Duke, presumed to be the frontrunners along with Michigan State. When the Chicago native reached the Durham campus he was greeted with a welcome home sign by the Duke faithful.
On one of the main buildings on campus, the Cameron Crazies had sprain painted a sheet reading “JABARI, WELCOME HOME”
Clearly Duke is pulling out all the stops for Parker. It’s been no secret that Coach K has been on Parker for some time. Parker was the first member of the Class of 2013 to receive a scholarship offer from Duke. He could also become another Chicago-area star to commit to Duke, like Jon Scheyer (Northbrook) and Corey Maggette (Oak Park).
Duke is inching closer and closer to locking down their prized recruit for this year’s class, narrowing down his list to Duke and just four other schools: Michigan State, Stanford, Florida, and BYU.
Parker was scheduled to visit Michigan State last weekend and coming up Parker will visit Florida (Nov. 2-4), Stanford (Nov. 9-11), and BYU (Nov. 16-20), according to ESPNChicago.com.
Shooting guard Matt Jones and small forward Semi Ojeleye currently making up the 2013 freshman class for Duke.
Looks like the Crazies know who’s on campus this weekend. Excellent spray paintmanship twitter.com/MarkBaden/stat…
— Mark Joseph Baden (@MarkBaden) October 26, 2012
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)