Oct 28, 2012, 10:12 AM EDT
Gonzaga junior forward Kelly Olynyk will miss the first three games of the regular season after violating the school’s Student Code of Conduct, the school announced Saturday.
“Gonzaga’s student-athletes are students first, and are required to follow all tenets of the Student Code of Conduct,” the university said in a statement. “The same rules and procedures are applied to all students in conduct and disciplinary matters.
“Consistent with university policy regarding matters involving student discipline, no further comments regarding the violation or disciplinary action will be forthcoming.”
Olynyk sat out Gonzaga’s Midnight Madness festivities last weekend and did not play in Saturday night’s 93-45 exhibition win over Northwest Nazarene.
As it stands, Olynyk will miss games against Southern Utah, West Virginia, and South Dakota, before returning for the Old Spice Classic on Nov. 22.
The seven-foot, 238-pound Olynyk redshirted last season, but averaged 5.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game during his last collegiate season, 2010-11.
Gonzaga begins the season without him on Nov. 9 against Southern Utah.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)