Oct 28, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
Sunday was an active day from a recruiting standpoint, as DePaul also picked up a verbal commitment from 6-10 forward Forrest Robinson.
Robinson, who began his college career at North Texas, is currently a sophomore at South Plains College in Levelland, Texas.
As a freshman at North Texas last season, the Ranger, Texas native played in just 16 games with an average of 6.0 minutes per contest.
Robinson picked DePaul over Bradley, Mississippi State, Saint Louis and Tennessee Tech.
Robinson was productive at Eastland High School as a senior, averaging 21.4 points and 9.2 rebounds per game in 2010-11.
But he struggled to earn playing time under former UNT head coach Johnny Jones, reaching double figures in minutes in just two of the 16 games he played in and averaging 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds per game.
But even with that Robinson doesn’t seem to lack for confidence if his expectations for the DePaul program are taken into consideration.
“It wasn’t one thing,” said Robinson, who visited the DePaul campus on Sunday. “Everything was great. I’m going to help the spread the floor. We’re going to play fast-paced, run the floor and have fun, my style of basketball.
“I see DePaul making a big run soon. In a year, maybe next year, DePaul will be a powerhouse.”
Robinson is DePaul’s second commitment in the 2013 class as Morgan Park HS guard Billy Garrett (son of DePaul assistant Billy Garrett) has been on board for quite some time.
DePaul has just two seniors on this year’s team and that’s guard Worrel Clahar, so it’s unlikely that the Blue Demons will lack for bodies in the paint.
If Brandon Young and Cleveland Melvin hang around for what would be their senior campaign in 2013, Robinson will be joining a team that should be even more improved than they’re expected to be in 2012.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)