Oct 28, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
Sunday was an active day from a recruiting standpoint, as DePaul also picked up a verbal commitment from 6-10 forward Forrest Robinson.
Robinson, who began his college career at North Texas, is currently a sophomore at South Plains College in Levelland, Texas.
As a freshman at North Texas last season, the Ranger, Texas native played in just 16 games with an average of 6.0 minutes per contest.
Robinson picked DePaul over Bradley, Mississippi State, Saint Louis and Tennessee Tech.
Robinson was productive at Eastland High School as a senior, averaging 21.4 points and 9.2 rebounds per game in 2010-11.
But he struggled to earn playing time under former UNT head coach Johnny Jones, reaching double figures in minutes in just two of the 16 games he played in and averaging 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds per game.
But even with that Robinson doesn’t seem to lack for confidence if his expectations for the DePaul program are taken into consideration.
“It wasn’t one thing,” said Robinson, who visited the DePaul campus on Sunday. “Everything was great. I’m going to help the spread the floor. We’re going to play fast-paced, run the floor and have fun, my style of basketball.
“I see DePaul making a big run soon. In a year, maybe next year, DePaul will be a powerhouse.”
Robinson is DePaul’s second commitment in the 2013 class as Morgan Park HS guard Billy Garrett (son of DePaul assistant Billy Garrett) has been on board for quite some time.
DePaul has just two seniors on this year’s team and that’s guard Worrel Clahar, so it’s unlikely that the Blue Demons will lack for bodies in the paint.
If Brandon Young and Cleveland Melvin hang around for what would be their senior campaign in 2013, Robinson will be joining a team that should be even more improved than they’re expected to be in 2012.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)