Oct 29, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
It’s exhibition season in college basketball. The first few weeks full of games that don’t count and a time when teams work out the kinks in their respective systems.
There might not be another major college basketball program that needs this time more that Missouri. With 11 new players, they’ll need as much time together as they can get.
The transfers had the showing Tigers fans probably wanted to see, Auburn transfer Earnest Ross scored a team-high 22 points about six rebounds while Pepperdine transfer Keion Bell poured in 20 points. Phil Pressey, the Southeastern Conference Preseason Player of the Year, dished out 11 assists in the win.
More important than the win, the Tigers got huge production from the transfers and since the team consists of five from four-year schools, they’ll need to get up to speed as quickly as possible.
It’s an exhibition against a Division II team. But hey, it’s a start.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)