Oct 30, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
Monday morning, the official schedule was released for the 2013 Hoophall Classic, one of the premier high school showcases in the country.
In the five-day event, from Jan. 17-21, the Hoophall Classic will once again feature some of the best players in all of high school basketball. The two top players in the Class of 2013 – newly named No. 1, Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker – will take part in this year’s event.
Julius Randle, Aaron Gordon, Noah Vonleh – all highly-ranked forwards – round out the group of 2013 stars, along with Florida commit, Kasey Hill.
Jahlil Okafor of Whitney Young (IL) headline the talent in the Class of 2014.
Several interesting match-ups will take place that weekend, including a head-to-head battle with some of the best wings in the nation. On day four (Jan. 20) of the weekend, Vonleh and New Hampton (NH) take on top-ranked Wiggins and Huntington Prep.
The final day of the weekend is where most of the top talent shows up. One of the more interesting games is between a pair of Kentucky targets, as Gordon and Archbishop Mitty (CA) take on Randle and Prestonwood Christian (TX). Parker and Chicago power, Simeon will play Oak Hill Academy (WV). The past two seasons at the Hoophall Classic, Oak Hill has held Randle and former Ohio State star Jared Sullinger silent.
Hall of Famer Bob Hurley and St. Anthony (NJ) also scheduled to return, as well as Findlay Prep (NV) and Brewster Academy (NH).
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)