Oct 30, 2012, 1:05 AM EDT
Ok, now Marty Simmons is just showing off.
After not having a 2013 recruit that wasn’t related to him, the Evansville head coach snagged his second commitment of the day on Monday in guard Jaylon Brown.
The Fishers, Ind. star is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com and Scout.com. Brown is not only the second commitment of the day, but the second point guard. Brown also said he plans on signing in the early signing period in November. The same as Duane Gibson, who committed this afternoon.
It’s a good thing too, since both lead guards Ned Cox and Troy Taylor graduate after this season.
At this rate, Simmons will have his class filled out by, oh, Wednesday?
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)