Oct 30, 2012, 4:53 PM EST
Utah State, a regular participant in the NCAA tournament under Stew Morrill, has experienced a bit of a setback in the early going of the 2012-13 season.
Per the Deseret News:
“Utah State men’s basketball head coach Stew Morrill announced Tuesday that Riley Bradshaw has left the Aggie basketball team for personal reasons and will transfer from the University at the end of fall semester.
Bradshaw, a freshman guard from Corvallis, Mont. (Corvallis HS), played eight minutes in USU’s first exhibition game of the season last Friday night. He scored two points and dished out one assist.
At Corvallis HS, Bradshaw was named the Southwest “A” Conference Most Valuable Player three times, was a three-time all-state selection and also led the conference in scoring and assists in each of his four years of high school. As a senior, he earend Bitterroot Valley Player of the Year honors after averaging 24.1 points, 7.1 assists, 6.2 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game.
Utah State will host Simon Fraser in an exhibition game on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m., before kicking off the regular-season schedule by hosting Idaho State on Saturday, Nov. 10, at 7 p.m. USU opens the season with four-straight home games at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.”
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)