Oct 30, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Utah State, a regular participant in the NCAA tournament under Stew Morrill, has experienced a bit of a setback in the early going of the 2012-13 season.
Per the Deseret News:
“Utah State men’s basketball head coach Stew Morrill announced Tuesday that Riley Bradshaw has left the Aggie basketball team for personal reasons and will transfer from the University at the end of fall semester.
Bradshaw, a freshman guard from Corvallis, Mont. (Corvallis HS), played eight minutes in USU’s first exhibition game of the season last Friday night. He scored two points and dished out one assist.
At Corvallis HS, Bradshaw was named the Southwest “A” Conference Most Valuable Player three times, was a three-time all-state selection and also led the conference in scoring and assists in each of his four years of high school. As a senior, he earend Bitterroot Valley Player of the Year honors after averaging 24.1 points, 7.1 assists, 6.2 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game.
Utah State will host Simon Fraser in an exhibition game on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m., before kicking off the regular-season schedule by hosting Idaho State on Saturday, Nov. 10, at 7 p.m. USU opens the season with four-straight home games at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.”
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)