Oct 31, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
Behind 15 points from freshman Perry Ellis, Kansas took care of business Tuesday night with an 88-54 exhibition win over Emporia State at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence.
With a nearly even minutes distribution, 12 of the 14 players who saw the floor scored points, including strong outings from freshmen Ben McLemore, who had 11 points, and Andrew White III, who added 10.
“We may have set the NCAA record for substitutions,” Kansas coach Bill Self said after the game. “We were trying to make it difficult on our radio team.
“It was good to see those young kids play well. We saw how athletic Ben [McLemore] and Jamari [Traylor] are. There were some good things that happened tonight.”
With Missouri moving to the SEC, one key threat to a ninth straight Big 12 championship is gone, but the lineup will be looking to young players like McLemore and Ellis for production.
Check out McLemore’s big dunk below:
Oct 31, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The player’s reaction are priceless.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The first commit in 2015 for Brian Gregory.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Wisconsin forward was named Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year as a freshman.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Bay Area big man is considered the No. 7 overall player in the senior class.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The Louisiana Tech coach has averaged 28 wins the past two seasons, and is poised for a NCAA tournament appearance in 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Injuries are becoming a far too common problem for Drexel.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
For the past two years, the Philly product has averaged five points per game.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Just Bruce Pearl being Bruce Pearl.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Another SEC school used a similar system on its way to a national title game appearance in 2000.
CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center
Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the world of college basketball recruiting.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Despite 29 wins (13 in conference play) Louisiana Tech missed out on the NCAA tournament. Michael White looks to change that this season, although, his team will have to go through the likes of UTEP and newcomer Western Kentucky, first.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
With the number of guards in the Kansas program, playing time was likely to be scarce for Conner Frankamp.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Isaac Fotu’s part of the NCAA’s investigation into the program, and other schools have attempted to poach some of Hawaii’s remaining players.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Virginia is coming off of a dual-ACC title and returns the majority of the key players from that team.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
No surprise that Kentucky’s on top. Also of note: No. 3 Wisconsin received more first-place votes than No. 2 Arizona.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Cincinnati transfer was expected to factor into a rotation that’s replacing five seniors from last season’s team.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Is this team better than Philly?
Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
Quick action by construction workers ensured that it was declared ready for play two days after being flooded.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Some officials are in hot water after compromising a system used by 20 different Division I conferences.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT
Saint Louis adds more depth to its front court with this verbal commitment.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)