Nov 1, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
One thing that Scott Drew’s Baylor program hasn’t lacked in recent years is front court depth, and that’s the case this season despite the departure of four key contributors.
And things look good for the future of the Baylor program as well, as 2013 center Dominic Woodson verbally committed to attend the school on Thursday as reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Woodson, who plays at Huntington Prep in West Virginia alongside talented players such as Andrew Wiggins and Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Florida State commit), recently took visits to Baylor and NC State before making his decision.
He joins wing Ishmail Wainright and power forward Jonathan Motley in the Bears’ 2013 class, and it’s one that will rank among the top incoming classes in the country.
In the front court Baylor, on paper, is due to return Cory Jefferson, Isaiah Austin and Rico Gathers in 2013.
But there’s also the obvious question of the NBA Draft, especially in regards to Austin as he’s currently ranked sixth on DraftExpress.com’s Top 100 prospects board.
Woodson is a physical player ranked among the top five centers in the 2013 class by each of the major recruiting websites.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)