Nov 1, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
One thing that Scott Drew’s Baylor program hasn’t lacked in recent years is front court depth, and that’s the case this season despite the departure of four key contributors.
And things look good for the future of the Baylor program as well, as 2013 center Dominic Woodson verbally committed to attend the school on Thursday as reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Woodson, who plays at Huntington Prep in West Virginia alongside talented players such as Andrew Wiggins and Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Florida State commit), recently took visits to Baylor and NC State before making his decision.
He joins wing Ishmail Wainright and power forward Jonathan Motley in the Bears’ 2013 class, and it’s one that will rank among the top incoming classes in the country.
In the front court Baylor, on paper, is due to return Cory Jefferson, Isaiah Austin and Rico Gathers in 2013.
But there’s also the obvious question of the NBA Draft, especially in regards to Austin as he’s currently ranked sixth on DraftExpress.com’s Top 100 prospects board.
Woodson is a physical player ranked among the top five centers in the 2013 class by each of the major recruiting websites.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)