Nov 1, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
One thing that Scott Drew’s Baylor program hasn’t lacked in recent years is front court depth, and that’s the case this season despite the departure of four key contributors.
And things look good for the future of the Baylor program as well, as 2013 center Dominic Woodson verbally committed to attend the school on Thursday as reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Woodson, who plays at Huntington Prep in West Virginia alongside talented players such as Andrew Wiggins and Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Florida State commit), recently took visits to Baylor and NC State before making his decision.
He joins wing Ishmail Wainright and power forward Jonathan Motley in the Bears’ 2013 class, and it’s one that will rank among the top incoming classes in the country.
In the front court Baylor, on paper, is due to return Cory Jefferson, Isaiah Austin and Rico Gathers in 2013.
But there’s also the obvious question of the NBA Draft, especially in regards to Austin as he’s currently ranked sixth on DraftExpress.com’s Top 100 prospects board.
Woodson is a physical player ranked among the top five centers in the 2013 class by each of the major recruiting websites.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)