Nov 1, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
One thing that Scott Drew’s Baylor program hasn’t lacked in recent years is front court depth, and that’s the case this season despite the departure of four key contributors.
And things look good for the future of the Baylor program as well, as 2013 center Dominic Woodson verbally committed to attend the school on Thursday as reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Woodson, who plays at Huntington Prep in West Virginia alongside talented players such as Andrew Wiggins and Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Florida State commit), recently took visits to Baylor and NC State before making his decision.
He joins wing Ishmail Wainright and power forward Jonathan Motley in the Bears’ 2013 class, and it’s one that will rank among the top incoming classes in the country.
In the front court Baylor, on paper, is due to return Cory Jefferson, Isaiah Austin and Rico Gathers in 2013.
But there’s also the obvious question of the NBA Draft, especially in regards to Austin as he’s currently ranked sixth on DraftExpress.com’s Top 100 prospects board.
Woodson is a physical player ranked among the top five centers in the 2013 class by each of the major recruiting websites.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)