Nov 4, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
Bob Huggins and West Virginia have secured a commitment from 6-8 Ohio native Devin Williams, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Williams is a Top-100 prospect from the Class of 2013 and a solid post addition to a West Virginia haul that already featured three prospects. He is physically imposing forward with a high-major Division I frame.
Williams is now paired with post-grad Elijah Macon, a 6-8 forward from Brewster Academy (N.H.) and another athletic forward on the block for Huggins.
West Virginia makes its transition to the Big 12 this season, but Williams the rest of the 2013 class will be part of the Mountaineers’ second season in the conference.
As for this season, the Mountaineers open their season on Nov. 12 against Gonzaga.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)