Nov 5, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Memphis just keeps adding to their 2013 class.
With two top 25 recruits (Nick King and Kuran Iverson) and two more top 100 recruits (Rashawn Powell and Markel Crawford) already committed to the Tigers, Memphis head coach Josh Pastner was simply flexing his recruiting muscles on Monday afternoon when Austin Nichols called him and pledged to the Tigers.
Nichols, a 6-foot-8 Memphis native that is ranked as the No. 12 recruit in the country according to ESPN, as long considered a heavy Tennessee lean, but things changed over the last month. According to his father, it was the last week that eventually changed Austin’s mind.
“We gave him the week off [from calls and visits] and then had a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting yesterday,” Mark Nichols told CBSSports.com. “We put together a 58-page report on all the schools and decided Memphis was the best place.”
Pastner has taken plenty of heat for his coaching ability the last two seasons, but there is no questioning his recruiting. This is the fourth consecutive powerhouse class for Pastner, two of which have yet to play an actual game for the Tigers. The future is bright in Memphis.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)