Nov 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
It seems like the 2013 class is the club all the cool kids want to get into. So, naturally, they’re all going.
Former Class of 2014 center Dakari Johnson plans to reclassify into the 2013 class, becoming the fourth big name to move up a class this year. Wayne Selden, Andrew Wiggins and Noah Vonleh all made the leap before him. This according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Borzello.
The 6-10, 240-pound big man out of Montverde (Fla.) Academy was the no. 3 center in the 2014 class, but elected to get his college career started earlier than expected. Johnson is considering Arizona, Syracuse, Kentucky and Florida, among others.
No word yet on how this will effect the Top 100 rankings.
Another day, another elite player trying to up his game by streamlining his prep career. There’s nothing wrong with that, but to an extent I’d have to believe that it becomes a contest for these kids. Wiggins reclassifies, so not to be outdone, so does Vonleh, then Seldon, now Johnson. You can’t be considered the best until you’re among the best and for them, this is one of the ways to get that done.
I’d just like to announce that my unborn son will reclassify to the 2014 class, being that there seems to be a shortage of players in that class at the top. Hey, it can’t hurt, right?
Video courtesy of CityLeagueHoopsTV
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)