Nov 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
It seems like the 2013 class is the club all the cool kids want to get into. So, naturally, they’re all going.
Former Class of 2014 center Dakari Johnson plans to reclassify into the 2013 class, becoming the fourth big name to move up a class this year. Wayne Selden, Andrew Wiggins and Noah Vonleh all made the leap before him. This according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Borzello.
The 6-10, 240-pound big man out of Montverde (Fla.) Academy was the no. 3 center in the 2014 class, but elected to get his college career started earlier than expected. Johnson is considering Arizona, Syracuse, Kentucky and Florida, among others.
No word yet on how this will effect the Top 100 rankings.
Another day, another elite player trying to up his game by streamlining his prep career. There’s nothing wrong with that, but to an extent I’d have to believe that it becomes a contest for these kids. Wiggins reclassifies, so not to be outdone, so does Vonleh, then Seldon, now Johnson. You can’t be considered the best until you’re among the best and for them, this is one of the ways to get that done.
I’d just like to announce that my unborn son will reclassify to the 2014 class, being that there seems to be a shortage of players in that class at the top. Hey, it can’t hurt, right?
Video courtesy of CityLeagueHoopsTV
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 34
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (34)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)