Nov 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
It seems like the 2013 class is the club all the cool kids want to get into. So, naturally, they’re all going.
Former Class of 2014 center Dakari Johnson plans to reclassify into the 2013 class, becoming the fourth big name to move up a class this year. Wayne Selden, Andrew Wiggins and Noah Vonleh all made the leap before him. This according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Borzello.
The 6-10, 240-pound big man out of Montverde (Fla.) Academy was the no. 3 center in the 2014 class, but elected to get his college career started earlier than expected. Johnson is considering Arizona, Syracuse, Kentucky and Florida, among others.
No word yet on how this will effect the Top 100 rankings.
Another day, another elite player trying to up his game by streamlining his prep career. There’s nothing wrong with that, but to an extent I’d have to believe that it becomes a contest for these kids. Wiggins reclassifies, so not to be outdone, so does Vonleh, then Seldon, now Johnson. You can’t be considered the best until you’re among the best and for them, this is one of the ways to get that done.
I’d just like to announce that my unborn son will reclassify to the 2014 class, being that there seems to be a shortage of players in that class at the top. Hey, it can’t hurt, right?
Video courtesy of CityLeagueHoopsTV
Feb 28, 2015, 9:27 PM EST
All the bubble winners and losers from Saturday’s college hoops action.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
With the loss Texas drops to 1-11 in games against teams in the RPI Top 50.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:35 PM EST
No. 1 Kentucky moved to 29-0, and No. 6 Villanova came back to win at Xavier.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:03 PM EST
The Cyclones lost at home against Baylor and then lost at Kansas State.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:01 PM EST
Kentucky has now won 46 SEC titles, and this group looks poised to add more hardware to the trophy case before the season concludes.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:13 PM EST
Having just seven scholarship players hasn’t kept the Flyers from playing a major role in the Atlantic 10 race.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:48 PM EST
The Shockers are once again champions of the Valley.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Kansas will be without Cliff Alexander against Texas on Saturday.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Jake Layman didn’t want to get dunked on.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:21 PM EST
Robbie Berwick is not going to like seeing this highlight.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Auburn will be without second-leading scorer Antoine Mason as he deals with the death of his father.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Marist’s Khallid Hart made the game-winning layup with 1.5 seconds left for the win.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
A huge Saturday with 150 games and a lot of bubble action.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:17 AM EST
Here’s the rundown from Friday night.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:20 PM EST
An off-campus altercation back in 2010 led to a year-long suspension for the Villanova forward.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
Jim Boeheim goes back almost nine years to describe Rakeem Christmas’ importance to this year’s team.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:20 PM EST
The starting guard has missed the last 11 games.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
This isn’t the first time he’s done this in a game.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:45 PM EST
The Vandy coach was quick to apology following last night’s incident.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:25 PM EST
Derrick Walton Jr. hasn’t played in just over a month, but he’s still bothered by an issue with his right foot.
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 11 Wichita State, No. 19 Baylor among winners in games matching ranked teams 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)