Nov 5, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
It seems like the 2013 class is the club all the cool kids want to get into. So, naturally, they’re all going.
Former Class of 2014 center Dakari Johnson plans to reclassify into the 2013 class, becoming the fourth big name to move up a class this year. Wayne Selden, Andrew Wiggins and Noah Vonleh all made the leap before him. This according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Borzello.
The 6-10, 240-pound big man out of Montverde (Fla.) Academy was the no. 3 center in the 2014 class, but elected to get his college career started earlier than expected. Johnson is considering Arizona, Syracuse, Kentucky and Florida, among others.
No word yet on how this will effect the Top 100 rankings.
Another day, another elite player trying to up his game by streamlining his prep career. There’s nothing wrong with that, but to an extent I’d have to believe that it becomes a contest for these kids. Wiggins reclassifies, so not to be outdone, so does Vonleh, then Seldon, now Johnson. You can’t be considered the best until you’re among the best and for them, this is one of the ways to get that done.
I’d just like to announce that my unborn son will reclassify to the 2014 class, being that there seems to be a shortage of players in that class at the top. Hey, it can’t hurt, right?
Video courtesy of CityLeagueHoopsTV
Jul 7, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The junior point guard is one of several banged up Jayhawks.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:06 PM EDT
Eron Harris averaged 17.2 points per game for West Virginia in the 2013-14 season.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson, Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Tyler Dorsey and Terrance Ferguson were included in the top plays.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Mike Davis has one of the most entertaining players joining the program.
Jul 7, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
Memphis loses its top scorer.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
The No. 1 player from 2010 turned into one of the biggest busts in recent memory.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
See, he’s just a creepy fanboy like the rest of us!
Jul 7, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Michigan State will be hosting Florida, with a return game in Gainesville in two years.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
The Jayhawks … err, Americans … are now 3-0 in the event.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
Read through my column on Georges Niang and Iowa State.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Four-star point guard Payton Pritchard is going to explore his options heading into the July live evaluation period.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Northwestern continues to get good local pick-ups in the 2016 class.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
La Salle is losing an experienced guard to transfer.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
One of Tennessee’s only options at point guard is enrolling closer to the school year.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
One of the better shooting guards in the country is focused on 10 schools.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Michigan is going with the Jumpman under its new apparel agreement.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Kentucky had led the nation in average attendance for eight straight years.
Jul 6, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
The top three in this group is debatable.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Jonathan Isaac is loaded with potential.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
The front of the jersey said Kansas before.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)