Nov 5, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Looks like Jim Boeheim has found another top player for 2014.
The long-time Orange coach bagged five-star power forward Chris McCullough, according to multiple reports, on Monday afternoon.
The commitment is Syracuse’s first for the 2014 class.
McCullough is a 6-9, 205-pound athlete out of Brewster Academy. The No. 9 player overall in the Class of 2014, McCullough was the No. 3 power forward in the class, which tells you how crazy stacked the position is for 2014.
This is a gem of a get for Boeheim. He’s always had a prize recruit in every major class, and while it’s a year away, this is that guy, seemingly, for the Orange. He’ll need to put on some pounds, but McCullough has the upside to be a great player in Boeheim’s running system and as we’ve all grown accustomed too, the Orange need length in that 2-3 zone, which McCullough has.
Lanky forwards man, it’s the way Boeheim rolls.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)