Nov 5, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Looks like Jim Boeheim has found another top player for 2014.
The long-time Orange coach bagged five-star power forward Chris McCullough, according to multiple reports, on Monday afternoon.
The commitment is Syracuse’s first for the 2014 class.
McCullough is a 6-9, 205-pound athlete out of Brewster Academy. The No. 9 player overall in the Class of 2014, McCullough was the No. 3 power forward in the class, which tells you how crazy stacked the position is for 2014.
This is a gem of a get for Boeheim. He’s always had a prize recruit in every major class, and while it’s a year away, this is that guy, seemingly, for the Orange. He’ll need to put on some pounds, but McCullough has the upside to be a great player in Boeheim’s running system and as we’ve all grown accustomed too, the Orange need length in that 2-3 zone, which McCullough has.
Lanky forwards man, it’s the way Boeheim rolls.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)