Nov 5, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Looks like Jim Boeheim has found another top player for 2014.
The long-time Orange coach bagged five-star power forward Chris McCullough, according to multiple reports, on Monday afternoon.
The commitment is Syracuse’s first for the 2014 class.
McCullough is a 6-9, 205-pound athlete out of Brewster Academy. The No. 9 player overall in the Class of 2014, McCullough was the No. 3 power forward in the class, which tells you how crazy stacked the position is for 2014.
This is a gem of a get for Boeheim. He’s always had a prize recruit in every major class, and while it’s a year away, this is that guy, seemingly, for the Orange. He’ll need to put on some pounds, but McCullough has the upside to be a great player in Boeheim’s running system and as we’ve all grown accustomed too, the Orange need length in that 2-3 zone, which McCullough has.
Lanky forwards man, it’s the way Boeheim rolls.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)