Nov 5, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Looks like Jim Boeheim has found another top player for 2014.
The long-time Orange coach bagged five-star power forward Chris McCullough, according to multiple reports, on Monday afternoon.
The commitment is Syracuse’s first for the 2014 class.
McCullough is a 6-9, 205-pound athlete out of Brewster Academy. The No. 9 player overall in the Class of 2014, McCullough was the No. 3 power forward in the class, which tells you how crazy stacked the position is for 2014.
This is a gem of a get for Boeheim. He’s always had a prize recruit in every major class, and while it’s a year away, this is that guy, seemingly, for the Orange. He’ll need to put on some pounds, but McCullough has the upside to be a great player in Boeheim’s running system and as we’ve all grown accustomed too, the Orange need length in that 2-3 zone, which McCullough has.
Lanky forwards man, it’s the way Boeheim rolls.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)