Nov 5, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Looks like Jim Boeheim has found another top player for 2014.
The long-time Orange coach bagged five-star power forward Chris McCullough, according to multiple reports, on Monday afternoon.
The commitment is Syracuse’s first for the 2014 class.
McCullough is a 6-9, 205-pound athlete out of Brewster Academy. The No. 9 player overall in the Class of 2014, McCullough was the No. 3 power forward in the class, which tells you how crazy stacked the position is for 2014.
This is a gem of a get for Boeheim. He’s always had a prize recruit in every major class, and while it’s a year away, this is that guy, seemingly, for the Orange. He’ll need to put on some pounds, but McCullough has the upside to be a great player in Boeheim’s running system and as we’ve all grown accustomed too, the Orange need length in that 2-3 zone, which McCullough has.
Lanky forwards man, it’s the way Boeheim rolls.
- Bubble Banter: Who will earn a bid to the Big Dance on Thursday? 0
- Bracketology: It’s Moving Day for March Madness 1
- Bubble Banter: Did Georgetown’s bubble just burst? 0
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (5)